This item is no longer available in AH

Blizz made a few blue posts about 3 days ago, where they said that they did indeed shut down the a/h very temporarily but that was to fix the ‘gold from thin air’ issue. Fearing keeping the a/h closed for too long, they then put it back up, still broken and it will probably be broken until further notice.

1 Like

Yup. “Just don’t use the AH” is all fine and well, until it became so [predictably] pervasive that it’s affecting the game at large. Anyone doing any kind of meaningful content in WoW right now is either SoL, or has to jump through 8 million hoops just to do what they need.

We’re aware. They’ve actually shut down the AH twice to my knowledge (it got shut down for about an hour the next night too).

The problem is that this is actually getting to the gamebreaking point. If they can shut down the AH for a few people making magic gold, they can (and should) shut down the AH for literally the entire thing being broken, which is causing multiple issues that are equally critical (including, as some have suspected, more magic goldmaking and/or infinite material printing…which is supposedly enough to shut down the AH in itself.)

There is a point where keeping the AH open is just as bad as shutting it down for days, and we’re at that point.

Speaking of which…it’s absolutely ASTONISHING to me that a company this huge that likely put months (if not years) into planning and testing this can’t figure out a bug after several days and a massive amount of data, along with multiple people even here giving detailed backend information on its behavior. That either speaks to current dev incompetence, or previous dev incompetence (in the way things were designed before, making changes like this [and bugs resulting from it] impossibly difficult).

The bigger thing that most of us are irate about, though, is that there’s been no word or acknowledgement from Blizz other than a twitter rep saying they “believe it’s being looked at”, after it had been an issue for days and they finally got prodded on Twitter about it. This is one of the biggest/most consequential bugs I’ve seen in a long time, and how it’s being handled is…not great.

I understand making massive changes to an ancient system isn’t easy, and believe me when I say I understand that bugs pop up that you can’t always test for. Not to mention fixes aren’t always instantaneous, and I think we were all fully prepared to go through some BS (at least, those of us with a lot invested in the AH part of the game were). But this is getting laughable in a few ways, and isn’t a great look.

Not that bots aren’t a problem, and they may be certainly be compounding the issue or contributing to it, but from what we’ve seen I don’t think they’re the root cause.

2 Likes

my favorite part in all of this is that it can go on for 2 days without anyone blue even acknowledging it. this is great.

4 Likes

First noticed and reported by some of us from r/woweconomy early Wednesday…so it’s been almost 4 days. Lol.

Has Blizz even acknowledged this anywhere?

1 Like

“I believe this is being looked into” from a Twitter CS rep yesterday.

No response to inquiries today so far.

1 Like

Can’t buy Missive of Mastery I need for legendary. Wtf Blizz?

2 Likes

Well, as long as they think it’s being looked into.

I saw a related issue, I think anyhow. I tried to buy a bunch of an item but received only about 1/3 of the number I wanted to buy.

Probably only some listings are bugged, so if you buy items MORE EXPENSIVE than the bugged listings, you do actually receive them.

See: I bought Progenitor Essentia half successfully - AH bug

While I still cannot buy widowbloom, I feel for those who can’t buy missives to craft a legendary. I mean, BLIZZ WHAT WITH THAT?? I, too, would like some official recognition that this is a huge problem and there is a fix in the works. Silence can only be interpreted as ‘we don’t really care’ and I’d hate to think that is the case.

1 Like

110 replies still no blue.
wow.
do your job?

2 Likes

Same issue here… this is getting ridiculous. I understand that due to people “playing” the AH that things may be snapped up and low prices grabbed. But I just tried for TEN MINUTES to buy ONE missive of mastery on the AH (and I would have HAPPILY taken one above the lowest price listed) but you CANNOT select a higher price and then say you want “one of them”… it defaults back to lowest price and gives you the stupid “that item is no longer available”… well I understand that but then how about offering me one at the NEXT highest price and letting me say yes or no? Or REFRESHING the damn listings so it doesn’t continually SHOW that stack of three at a low price that keeps saying they’re all gone.

While the concept of area wide AH is good… the implementation has been less than stellar. And yes I understand there may be a ton of lines of code to go through to find whatever is causing the glitch… but then Blizz needs to give us a Blue post and let us know that they’re AWARE of the issue and actually WORKING on it.

The silence so far has been both frustrating and infuriating. I am more than willing to give Blizz a break on this since it’s a MAJOR change in the AH…but I do need to know that they’re AWARE of the ISSUE and DOING something about it.

Come on Blizzard… tell us something. This has moved beyond irritating and has become a reason to stop playing many of my alts.

Help me want to play again.

2 Likes

cant buy missive of mastery, some help please!

2 Likes

Having the exact same issue ad Djboostn…
there’s 3 Missives of Mastery for 40g that are “stuck” and preventing purchasing any missives…

is really harsh when I’m trying to craft a new legendary unity piece.

1 Like

I was gearing up my alliance alt today, in order to finally get the last two allied races I need and ran into the error. This time though, it was with the crit gems. I had forgotten it was an issue, since purchasing the armor and weapons worked fine.

every server. these types of items were recently made region wide. i think it’s these items that are broken, but ofc they can’t be bothered to communicate.

3 Likes

TRYING TO BUY GEMS AND THERE PLENTY WHAT AM SEEING BUT IT KEEP SAYING " THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER Available"

So, on our region (Malganis is on), some troll must have figured out how the bug works and there is now 2k Progentitor Essentia at 1 silver each and all sitting with 49711 days left. BLIZZARD! PLEASE FIX THIS DARN BUG AND RESET ALL THOSE ERRANT AHs.

2 Likes

I agree with @Barh i have noticed the Progentitor sitting at 1s… I think the 1s may be the ones being botted to “create gold”

All I’m gonna say is that my sub runs out in just over 3 days. If there’s not a fix, an extended AH shutdown to stem the tide and mitigate the avalanche effects of this, or at minimum an actual statement letting us know they are aware of the problem and just how massive of a problem it’s become, I might as well unsub until DF. As it is, the economy is gonna be in shambles for weeks from this, and I’m already kinda burnt out on the game anyway.

(I was dumb enough to preorder DF so I might as well come back then, lol.)

2 Likes