This is why ticket times go up

Right now on the subreddits, there is a huge ‘debate’ about Customer support in Warcraft. To ‘prove’ his case, someone claims they put in an Appeal Ticket to appeal an account action that he claims never happened. As expected, his ticket was replied with the “Upheld” template.

To him, and it seems hundreds of others, this is proof positive of some massive conspiracy to…scam players out of sub money, I guess? Stil unclear as to what the motivation for Blizzard would be.

I am wondering what this side of the community says. Is it ‘bad’ that a template was used? Could the player have had an action on his account he didnt realize, and the GM was responding to that action? Or are they right, and there is a massive conspiracy involving every Blue and MVP poster, that they lie to us for some dark reason?

In my mind, this is why ticket times go up, and it is why they use templates in the first place.

2 Likes

The last in-game squelch I got was overturned in 2 days so I’m sure the appeals process isnt automated…and that occured in the last 6 months.

I’m also not sure how you appeal something that doesn’t exist

6 Likes

Taking it at face value the only bad thing about it was that it was upheld while there was no real action taken it makes it look like the employee didn’t even look into the issue at all. That being said I doubt the poster in question was telling the truth at all.

7 Likes

Eh? I think it’s just human nature to think more of something.

I’m no stranger to falling into trouble before and I can count one occasion in which I can genuinely say I was not in the wrong, but punished. But I will not hold it against customer support - at the end of the day they have 1000’s of cases to deal with and the call will not always be correct even if it’s the final call.

I worked in customer support in a variety of fields and I know I’ve probably made countless mistakes during my time.

Best way is to just be super nice ingame and in the forums, you can talk what you want in discord or your private chat of choice.

1 Like

No. Templates are there to ensure specific wording is used by every GM looking at tickets.

Your title doesn’t make sense to me.

This is called nonsensical tin foil.

8 Likes

Dude made a false ticket, that a GM had to answer, which means that GM wasnt helping a real issue, thus ticket times go up.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s many of them.

But there were a lot of ‘really shouldn’t be a ticket but a google issue’ tickets and I think this led yo the ‘use these resources first, close’ strategy they use.

No, it’s not bad. It’s wild to me to think that players feel entitled to a custom response, and if that custom response isn’t exactly what they wanted to hear they’re going to get mad about it anyway.

2 Likes

i know this is circular however I’m so impressed, u suck because i sucked and then u believed i sucked first I believe the first person contact you reach within blizzard is truly a wonderful person doing their job in which they have been instructed that most of their contacts are going to be grade A jerks and you need to avoid telling them how incredibly stupid they are. I have been a jerk in the past and I’m thankful that the bliz 1st line of response is awesome

Not really. Pretty much any customer service will have stuff they can copy/paste in for questions they have to answer multiple times a day.

Pretty much what Niko said. You can bet that the person isn’t giving the whole story, or they have some infraction that they don’t remember.

5 Likes

That whole 5 minutes for that category is meaningless. Tickets are triaged and the wait time isn’t reflective of how long it will take your ticket to be answered. It’s the time of the oldest ticket in the system. And all are categorized and prioritized.

Been done by bots for years now.

3 Likes

So now its been like this for years…despite the fact that AI cant even be used in a legal briefing today without it creating fake legal cases.

The customer is not always right. The customers will ask similar questions and will get copy paste responses. Faqs, “online” customer support and even windows troubleshoot use code responses first and human as last resort.

You can blame blizzard for pinching pennies and maybe that’s true. You can also blame frivolous tickets done in good faith as well.

There’s only so many times they can tell you to turn your computer off and back on before they’re just wasting money.

No one wants to talk to a machine. But you don’t have to pay machines… You can’t waste a machine’s time

2 Likes

No, tickets are not handled by bots. All tickets are handled by people with templates to ensure across the board same answers are given to everyone without GMs giving their own personal opinions or views on the answers.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the reddit OP was trying to prove, but tickets need more categories to avoid too much bottleneck. There’s a lot of overlap in the current categories for “needs attention immediately” and “can be looked at within a few weeks”.

Like I just want a dialogue with a GM about why a rare from SL is no longer dropping it’s loot table, and that’s not a priority issue but there’s no place but “bug report”, that doesn’t exactly cover it

1 Like

They’re not going to talk to you… they’re going to tell you to submit a bug report.

1 Like

Naw, I talked to a GM a few months ago about floating nodes.

Edit: here are tickets I’ve had answered by a GM where there was a dialogue in DF alone:

1. Clarification about the Honorary Dryad Title
  2. replicating floating mining nodes.
  3. My one-per-expansion appeal to get an old cloth chest piece on my druid added to my collections.
  4. Inquiry about missing conquest.

There are many reasons why you will get a template response to a ticket. Sometimes it’s bad luck, but usually it’s because the content of your ticket lacked detail or something actionable by a GM. You’ll also never get anything personal in regards to bans, suspensions, and appeals.

1 Like

Didn’t they fire most of their support staff? That is why ticket wait times are way up.

1 Like