This is supposed to be an easy week right?

I decided THIS was the week I’d be pushing up to 15s on my prot pally. So I started out with a 10 and 11 to get warmed up.

First one was a DoS 11 in order to get good and disappointed about not getting my scale first. Roll in with a mistweaver healing me.

I spent half the run trying to keep myself up. It was never large chunks of health, like I was standing in something bad. It was just a gentle chipping away without ever getting any heals in. I checked the meters and the healer was doing 1/3 of the healing I was.

After the 3rd wipe where I just slowly got chipped to death, I hearthed.

Then later I decided to do a 11 Spires. I joined a healer who started the group with 0 DPS. As a healer and tank we had the pick of the litter. Could have take anyone. ANYONE. On a quaking week he grabbed a furry warr, a ret pally, and a rogue. Healer was a holy pally… I dont know how we timed it. But we did with less than 1 min to spare.

This week is starting out rough for me.

How is it going for you?

It’s not a bad week. There are some annoying packs because of inspired. Also don’t bring melees. Your life will be easier lol

Ya when he grabbed all of those melee I should have dropped group. I KNOW I should have.

I did not. I paid for my foolishness.

Pugs will always be hit or miss. I’ve healed some 9’s that felt like 15’s, and I’ve healed some 12’s that felt like 4’s. Rarely do I encounter any middle ground.

2 Likes

This is exactly why IO score is useful. You really don’t need to take anyone under 2k IO when you’re doing 15s.

1 Like

Even as someone who primarily plays melee classes, I can tell you that many melee pugs will not be worthwhile for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Ez pz. As pally tank just get your rotation down and you can survive just about anything.

It really is an easy week. Pugs will always be hit or miss but the benefit of being a prot pally is not only should you be able to keep yourself up you can assist the healer keeping the team up as well. Make sure to use blessings as well especially sacrifice. Keep in mind melee isn’t really that big a problem if you are bringing at least competent players so don’t avoid melee. Maybe don’t bring a whole team of them especially if you have a holy pally or mw monk. A couple is no problem though.

only on some dungeons. I think inspired is game breaking and unbelievably stupid and that quaking is just yet another way to force everyone to play ranged.

If you cc the inspired mob its a non affix. One of the only you can completely ignore. And quaking I would argue is worse for ranged as cancelled casts is a loss of dps. Plenty of room around a mob for three melee with quaking. You may want to only roll with two if you have a melee healer but still I would not consider that forcing people to go ranged. There are things that incentivize ranged in the game but I don’t think quaking is one of them. Storming is worse for melee than quaking is - but with the change to storming its really not that bad either.

2 Likes

If you cc the inspired mob and kill it own its own, you waste a huge amount of time, and the key is not timeable with that plan. Unless youre doing 15s, in which case all affixes dont matter because you can time regardless. And no, quaking is not in any way worse for ranged.

There are several pulls where you should cc the inspired and kill the pack, or priority caster, before engaging the inspired. Doing this will not kill the timer especially on a +15.

There’s a pack in Mist with 2 tenders and one of them is inspired. You should cc the inspired tender and pull the rest away. In SoA before first boss there is an Inspired mender with the goliath. Same with the first pull where groups like to triple pull.

Quaking is 100% worse for casters. You can fit 3 melee, including the tank with quaking and no one getting hurt. Just have to stand in triangle formation. If you do that Melee can ignore the affix while casters have to stop casting.

3 Likes

waste of time

Yeah a waste of time is wasting cds and spending 5x as long killing a double tender pack because you cant interrupt it.

Or having to kill the goliath solo because you wouldnt rather do a large pull and kill the inspired, with less hp, solo.

3 Likes

What conduits are you running? I barely take any damage even in 15. Haven’t taken a crack at it this week but will report in after

I understand being wrong, but I don’t understand having how and why you’re wrong being explained to you in detail, and then doubling down on the same wrong thing you said before.

TLDR: You are wrong.

3 Likes

Quaking interrupts spell casts a one way or the other. Ranged either have to stop casting or be silenced for 4 sec. Except for hunter.
So I wouldn’t exactly call it a walk in the park for ranged either just another thing to keep track of.

He has no idea what he’s talking about. He thinks inspired is “game breaking” when it’s almost a non affix. He thinks cc’ing the inspired the few times it actually matters is a “waste of time”. It’s not surprising that he thinks quaking is easier for range when in fact, it is almost a non issue for melee and is almost entirely a ranged affix.

It was a little tight in the 4 melee groups I was in, but not bad at all. It was a little tougher in the one 5 melee group I had, but everyone was alert and there were no significant incidents. With a more typical 3 or fewer melee group, it’s like having another non affix.

3 Likes

good argument, continue smashing those inspired weeks killa

Thanks, I will. Got most of my final push to 3k last week since there were basically no affixes. The hardest was honestly Tyrannical because so many DPS players fail at boss mechanics like it’s their job. Even in 20s-21s.