This is pretty cool. update to pvp gearing

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-pvp-rewards/728426

1 Like

I like that they actually explained their reasoning. This doesn’t sound as horrible as it seemed, still depends on the honor per win though.

2 Likes

On beta is 100 per win and 20 per loss with you daily being 250 (for 2s).

1 Like

im just really stoked that there’s no cap and i can get honor gear through arena. unless im misreading

1 Like

You can get honor gear through arenas at a pretty good rate it seems aswell.

2 Likes

In order to upgrade your gear though you still need to level up your sanctum or whatever it’s called

I don’t fully understand this new method, but one thing I can say for sure is there’s some unforeseen “catch” that will make this new gearing method worse than what we previously had.

5 Likes

Glad this is tied to rated pvp

1 Like

I wish they would explain somewhat how the “old” conquest gear vendors work.

I think they haven’t released anything about the new “conquest” gear system.

It’s still pretty much in the shadow until arena releases.

With this new system it would be the perfect time to implement a solo q rbg bracket

3 Likes

Unrated BGs pointless now, might as well just make it into “non-preform” rated…

5 Likes

I like this a whole lot… though it might become a problem for those that main a subpar pvp spec. Not sure how are they going to be able to get the top gear? They will probably need to branch out to pve content.

I’m not really convinced this is going to help rated PvP participation.
I think all the people who don’t want to play rated are just going to either go PvE for their gear or not play at all.

Really wish they’d just bring back WoD’s ilvl scaling. Make the gear literally useless in PvE, I don’t care. I think it’s best if everyone eventually hits the same stopping point in PvP. High rating can make it better in PvE, or make you get it faster, whatever.

I don’t think slapping rating brackets onto the ilvl helps because the vast majority of the ladder isn’t going to get anything decent from PvP, so they just won’t play it.

5 Likes

The problem is that you can’t get your honor gear upgraded to max, which is only 197 ilvl I believe, after like 2 months of timegating covenant stuff

how is it pointless?

You upgrade your conquest gear with honor. unrated BG’s give plenty of honor

1 Like

If you get conquest and honor for rated…
The honor you get from rated counts toward the weekly chest but the honor from random bgs does not…
And the gear you can earn from honor alone is inferior…
Then there’s not much point for random bgs is there?

The only reason to queue randoms would be to face easier competition against lesser geared opponents. Since everyone seems to like analogies with PVE, it’d be like getting a drop from a Mythic 10, and then being able to upgrade that item to Mythic 15 quality with currency earned by doing heroic dungeons repeatedly.

Theoretically faster honor per hour than rateds if you need to upgrade the pieces you have, is about it.
There’s still a weekly conquest cap too, I believe? So if random BGs are faster and you’re conq capped, in terms of efficiency you’re better off with the randoms if that’s your goal.

But yeah, I think this is probably going to end up being a heavy hit to the random BG crowd. I doubt most people here care about them but I’m not convinced yet this’ll drive up rated participation because of it.

Right, you’re re-affirming what I just said. The only reason to do it is to face easier competition for easier currency gain. Do you think this will be fun for “casuals” who become more or less feeders for their betters…

A good portion of those people will be canceling their subscriptions, if they haven’t already. If they haven’t, then they are just sticking around to see if any changes are made that somehow benefit them.

1 Like

except tp UPGRADE your Arena conquest gear.

you use HONOR to upgrade it, that honor can come from BG’s

Therefor there is plenty of reasons to farm BG’s.

1 Like