This is killing my guild, experience, and faith

doesnt seem like a real answer to me. Do you have any actual idea?

Sit in queue is the answer. You know what server you rolled on and you knew it was full. So endure it. Thats the answer.

7 Likes

The answer is they opened enough servers to hold the population and left queues on over-populated servers then let the players sort it out from there.

5 Likes

Don’t exaggerate, I would say 1/3.

3 Likes

For the record, I rolled the first day this server was out, I had ZERO idea it was going to be full. So you’re just wrong.

2 Likes

Now i know thats not what you want to hear but

They announced it. They told you and you still rolled there. Its fine, it was your choice, but you def. can not claim ignorance.

8 Likes

I reserved my character on whitemane days before launch, and have played there the entire time. My guild is now discussing moving but we arent going to pay for it, nor are we interested in moving to a server if it has a massive faction imbalance. But yes we will all just reroll on another server now and waste all that time and effort in our toons for nothing, or sit in 4 hour queues to get in because blizz loves all the money they make from bot accounts. You are so smart and intelligent thank you for your imput oh wise and great one.

1 Like

I started on Thoruim Brotherhood. When it got over crowded, and never so over crowded there were hour long queues, blizzard open a new server and offered free transfers to it from TB. I moved all my horde alts to Wyrmrest Accord. The same thing happened on my alliance server. It got over crowded so they offered free transfer to Farstriders.

1 Like

Honestly hope your guild persists through all of this - the Ego and Risen drama aside Whitemane is a good server, good enough to where people will sit through 2 - 4 hour queues to play on it.

1 Like

No need to get defensive. Im just saying that all those people crying out for layers are not helping. Layering has not place in classic. And all you do is give em a free pass everytime you have queues at hand. So they can just turn it on and off.

I also do not understand why your effort is wasted? The toon on whitemane still exists? You are not losing anything. All you do is create another character on another server. You wanna play, well thats how you can play. + you help out servers who might need an influx of people.

3 Likes

1.12 talents on a release build, the current AV, and alot of other things have no place in classic either and yet here they are. Nochanges is stupid because the product was changed from the start., so the argument ‘layering has no place in classic’ is about as irrelevant as it gets.

4 Likes

So it was the customer’s fault for Blizzard only having 11 servers at launch?

It was the customer’s fault for Blizzard not locking new character creations on a server when they themselves saw the numbers swell?

It was the customer’s fault for Blizzard to not faction lock servers before it was too late?

It was the customer’s fault for being one of the original players on a destined full server and now being forced to transfer and leave all their friends, guildmates and all the relationships they established to start anew?

Why are we blaming the victim here?

3 Likes

Your not helping either side you realize that right? We pay 15$ to be in a que? doesn’t make much sense if you ask me when they could just add the layer and no ques 1 extra layer, our economy on whitemane is so inflated its not even funny all the lotus is hoarded, hell id go as far to say the arcane crystals are being hoarded as well, they already nerfed devilsaurs why aren’t they fixing the lotus problem as well as the que problem?

Regardless i’ll just play OSRS while in que at least their dev team cares

Players are not victims. I also acknowledged blizzards wrongdoing here. That said, they did tell that certain servers were full. Whitemane amongst them and that players should expect queues.

And yes classic is not vanilla but even though there are changes made layering should not ever be a part of classic. They made some unfortunate choices and changes to the original game but its not a free pass to just change everything now. Otherwise you end up with shadowlands all over again.

Just eat the queue, like you did in 2006. You wanted to play on a full server and if thats not to your liking then make an alt on another or move off the server. They also offered free transfers off whitemane, which ofc nobody took, because at the time queues were not that big of a deal.

3 Likes

They already made game breaking changes lol adding a layer to actually let people play isn’t going to break the game, especially not for the servers that have the population to actually justify it.

Queue times are never the player’s fault. Unless you are some massive streamer or millionaire who somehow gets thousands of people to all log into one realm to crash it and put everyone in 4 hour queues, then it is not the player’s fault.

It is Blizzard’s responsibility to account for any issues the game may face, and resolve those issues. If they cannot, then that is a failing on their end, period. We are the customers. It is not our fault if Blizzard fails to assess how many people wanted to play Classic, and it is because of their ego that they weren’t prepared for Classic’s launch.

They were the ones who provided far too few realms at launch. Thus players started playing on those realms, and by the time Blizzard finally released more realms a ton of people were already settled in after multiple days of playing with their irl friends, making friends in game, and interacting with those in their realm. Telling people to just keep changing realms whenever they get a queue is not a solution. People can’t take their friends, guilds and communities with them.

Community is the most essential aspect of this game, and Blizzard can’t afford to botch it by telling everyone to just abandon their community.

I don’t care how many issues there are. Blizzard is a billion dollar company owned by activision who is an even bigger billion dollar company. They have the resources to resolve all the issues. They just choose not to because they are greedy.

4 Likes

After midnight that jumps to about 95%

Im not disagreeing on blizzard being a culprit here. I wanna make that perfectly clear. And they obviously miscalculated on how many players wanted vanilla. So they started with not enough servers. Okay, once they realized “welp that will not cut it”. They introduced more servers. They made posts and told players that certain realms were packed to the brim.

People still did not move. There is plenty of servers out now that are in need of an influx of people and players. But ofc everything sub 5k is considered dead so nobody goes there. You have a handful of servers that are considered “healthy” but they are packed on with people while there is plenty of servers that def. could need another 1k players.

But are the players even willing to move? No. Nobody wants to be the guy who moves. And I also disagree with your “my friends and communities are on the server xyz”. Well yes so what? Just because you make a fresh toon on another server does not mean you lose your friends and community on the old one? I have 3 toons on 3 different servers exactly because I play and played on servers with queues. My rogue has a guild and friends on server A and my druid on another server has friends and a community on Server B.

So I do not understand your argument. You do not forfeit by having an ALT on a less crowded server. You actually make more friends overall.

And again Blizzard is at fault no doubt. But they will not adress this in a solution that actually helps us and said solution will be designed around them making money (paid server transfers). So it does not help at all if so many players come here and close their eyes, shut off their ears and just cry for layering to be brought back.

You are not helping the game at all and thats why the players are to be blamed as well.

3 Likes

Having an alt on a different server doesn’t resolve the issue with your main. Most people don’t like to split their attention between multiple communities at once. One of those communities will eventually become favored, and that is usually the one you started on. People start making friends and start accustoming to communities within hours of starting a new character. By the time Blizzard released new realms people were already starting to settle in.

Players help the game by playing the game. We are literally funding it with our monthly subscriptions. It isn’t our job to make sure the game runs smooth and gives players a satisfying experience. We aren’t Skyrim modders.

Worst case scenario, there is no solution to the problem and Blizzard monumentally messed up at launch by not providing enough realms to play on. Still Blizzard’s fault, and they still haven’t fessed up to it.

Furthermore, the biggest and most obvious step towards a solution would be to do something about all the bots. They take up space on these servers, are destroying the in-game economies by camping Black Lotus spawns, and are in massive violation of the ToS. But Blizzard won’t do anything about them. That’s the first step, and they refuse to take it.

2 Likes

Those folks were just looking for a reason to quit. Better they leave now while you still have time to replace them, than they leave during late AQ/Early Naxx and it kills your guild off entirely.

1 Like