This is how Alchemy Discoveries should work

The Explosions are a terrible mechanic. Funny for the first time It happens annoying every time after the first. Getting locked out of profession progression for 4 Hours sometimes after 1 Experimentation or 2 is nowhere how you time gate a profession.

Experimentation should not be time gated by random explosions. If you want to time-gate the progression, at least do something that is fair.

To keep the fun themed explosion thing (lets face It, the explosion fit the theme), a couple of changes can be explored:

• Make The Explosion cooldown locked to the type of experimentation you’re doing, not linked to both Potion and Phial.
  • Make Discoveries happen WHEN YOU EXPLODE! So Give It a reduced chance to explode, so you keep creating random pots and phials until you explode with a discovery!

It keeps the alchemical explosion theme yet It feels more fulfilling than frustrating. You will actually WANT the experimentation to explode on your face with a new discovery, then you can time-lock that type of experimentation for the same 4 hours CD which can be overridden by Liquid Courage.

That is waaaaaay better than waiting over and over 4H CD just to explode on the 1st try.

I think improved discoveries should be much further up in the knowledge tree. by the time i had enough KP to reach that set of talents, I’d discovered everything there was to discover - including the decayed recipes - making the whole thing pointless. :confused: