This is disappointing... Bliz - seriously?

I did it once. Haven’t had a queue in 3 days.

2 Likes

All the time people have spent complaining and waiting, they could have just rerolled.

1 Like

50 hours played…games been out 91 hours total. If you’ve played 50 hours the queues don’t seem to be affecting you’re playtime much.

Queues were also bad 3 days ago, before 50 hours played was even possible.

6 Likes

Make better choices.

I started on Whitemane, said forget the queue, now I’m Westfall and I don’t deal with a queue.

Problem solved. People are moving from full to high to high… not from full to medium or full to low. It’s like shooting yourself in the foot and complaining you can’t run a 5k anymore.

7 Likes

Transfers are pure chaos. You act like they can just snap their fingers and do them.

Can you imagine juggling millions of characters, bank junk, AH junk, mail and gear and then listening to millions of cries of “Hey! My fabulous name is taken by someone else on the target server! Make them give it to me right now!”

Not to mention dealing with tons of character name changes, and even guild name changes.

Fahghetaboutit. Move or deal.

Go read the ToS and then you will have your answer. They added two more servers today. You were asked days ago to move! Why should Blizzard give you something for free? When you could have done the same days ago and chose not too.

No, confirmed someone who moved from a full realm to a low/medium because I didn’t want to sit in queue.

3 Likes

But then they miss out on all the PAID server transfers later.

ALL of their servers were high or full at launch.

I worry about transfering to a realm that might be dead in a few months.

1 Like

In the first four days of launch? Several. We’re about to spend thousands of hours in this game over the next few years. Repeating 20 of them at the start isn’t that big of a deal.

2 Likes

flip side. a low pop server is 4x the population of a vanilla locked server.

blizzard will get down to 1 layer by phase 2. which means that a low pop server is still extremely populated and is in fact still overpopulated.

1 Like

Hear hear. My guildmates and I moved from Herod to Stalagg to Sulfuras and we’re rolling deep now. It wasn’t ideal but it got us playing and it got us together.

2 Likes

Next they’ll be asking for LFG (oh wait…) and flying rofl

Geez louise they even said hey might have some queue times at the start gaiz

Westfall is consistently medium throughout the day. Low in the mornings. High with a very very low wait time (8 mins) during peak nighttime hours.

E: not pvp. New PvP servers are releasing today, aren’t they?

And it’s almost like plenty of people were telling Blizzard that the majority of people weren’t going to abandon their characters and start over. Look, the fact is Blizz didn’t have nearly enough servers. But what’s done is done. They can fix this situation, but it requires free realm transfers.

1 Like

Okay, so people refused to listen to what the company was telling them and were stubborn, now they’re demanding that Blizz makes it up to them for not listening.

??

1 Like

No. Wanna know what is mind-bogglingly crazy and utterly infuriating? EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE ARGUMENTS FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF KEEP BLAMING PEOPLE FOR THIS AND UTILIZING REALMS LIKE HEROD AND FAERLINA AS AN EXAMPLE!

Guess what? Not everyone dealing with Queue’s plays one on of the high pop servers that were available for name reservations.

A huge portion of players did exactly what Blizzard suggested. We waited until more PvP realms became available at launch(myself and friends on Incendius) specifically to avoid queues like Blizzard mentioned. Guess what? We have absolutely brutal queues. 4k plus queues after capacity increase as soon as 3PM hits.

How about the people that rerolled post-launch to other “low-pop” servers and still have to wait in queues huh?

I’m so sick of reading the same non-sense from Blizzard apologists. This is completely unacceptable.

Also, did the people reserving names on Herod and Faerlina know what they were getting into? Yes.

Did Blizzard warn servers like Faerlina/Herod would be insanely full and people should think about joining other realms? Yes.

Did Blizzard continue accepting name reservations for servers like Faerlina/Herod when ALL OF THE DATA AND EVIDENCE SUGGESTED the servers were completely incapable of handling the amount of traffic from name reservations alone? Yes.

Did Blizzard open a bunch of additional servers pre-launch to keep up with the insane amount of demand for this game there was which was extremely obvious based on name reservation data? Nope.

3 Likes

The thing is we rerolled but still on a new server there’s 7k plus queue they add 2-4 servers and 2 days later they are the same as the other one. So I should restart again on a fresh server or wait 3-4 hours to play because when I get off work at 7pm EST there’s no way I can play…

1 Like

I made 6 characters on one realm, that ended up full a few days later.

I rerolled on another server and one that doesn’t seem to be getting a lot of attention. I’m at 8 characters now.

Easy, done.