This is BR but seriously dude?

Okay I know this is a BR game but seriously, you are chasing down a level 1 player who has no spells, 5 plunder and has not done anything to you except land near you.

He chased me all over the place as if I had said something about his mother.

I hope the 5 gold and 25 exp was worth it.

12 Likes

Yeah it seems there’s a decent chunk of people who are here to just kill on sight regardless of how it affects their chances of winning.

Unfortunately because they will also inevitably lose soon after killing you to being under levelled, they’re going to stay in the same lobbies as you due to the matchmaking.

2 Likes

I fight everyone no matter what

You will face Padgarre’s wrath!

1 Like

You have to kill them while they’re weak. Otherwise they’ll come back and hunt you down later.

It’s the law of nature.

1 Like

You could argue if that is gameplay sabotage and worth a report.

1 Like

Yesterday in Duo my friend and I landed on mobs, .5s later someone else did. They somehow landed on our power, stole it, killed me, one of them died, and they (L2) literally fought my friend (L1) for like 3 minutes with a power and 1 level advantage. When my friend ended up running away they rezzed their buddy and chased my friend for several minutes until all of them were killed by a L6 group…

I hope their time was worth it :joy:

3 Likes

Probably better to just leave at that point. You aren’t losing anything if you only have 5 plunder.

1 Like

I don’t run from someone that comes at me at low level like that. I just fight back. If I win then obviously I win. If I lose then I’m just back in the next match that much sooner than if I run across the map. I don’t see it as a negative either way. And if I do lose, I’ve dragged out the fight long as I can and made them waste time on a profitless target. I understand there are pve players that don’t want to fight at all but I think that’s one of the problems of trying to mix the 2 groups in a game. It’s usually gonna lead to situations and problems like this.

I wish that Blizz had released some kind of content which would have been fun for everyone, instead of this Plunderstorm - which is fun for pvpers, and for players who enjoying beating up on weaker players.

I worked out a routine to get some plunder and then get out of each match, and kept at it until I hit renown 40.
And that’s it; I have no desire to go back into that meat-grinder.

I wish Blizz had released some kind of 6-week group content which would have been fun for everyone, something co-operative involving a large number of players working toward a common goal.
Instead, we got Plunderstorm : kill everyone you see, everyone-is-your-enemy, murder-and-steal-your-way-to-the-top.

• shakes head *
4 Likes

Just so I understand, are you saying “PvP happened” in a PvP mode? In particular a last-man-standing free for all?

Thanks for that revelation - astounding. Do you think this is intended? :thinking:

It was totally worth it for this “PvP happened post” tbh.

I think it’s moreso that without an actual reward structure or incentive people have very little desire to play for a win.

Be that because they’d rather farm quick renown or fight anything that moves to their own detriment.

1 Like

I guess you’ve never played a random War song Gulch?

Some people don’t care about objectives. They just want to watch the world burn. Killing players is also it’s own reward.

I agree there should be more incentives for killing players though.

2 Likes

Watching the world burn is more fun

1 Like

^ this guy PvPs

1 Like

No I’ve done my fair share of random bgs. There will always be people who “want to watch the world burn” as you put it, I’d just guess the ratios are a bit off due to a lack of reason to do anything else.

It’s also somewhat of a cruel Joke that both storm running and early fighting are detrimental strategies meaning both result in people going to the lower lobbies which only perpetuates it further.

Personally I enjoy the late game fights significantly more than anything in the first few minutes. When everyone has abilities and significantly less disparaging level differences.

1 Like

Storm running will die off as carebears farming rewards run out of rewards to farm. I don’t think it’s a long term problem.

Unless Blizz intends continual reward structures for this mode, I doubt that though.

Maybe, I just think it’s funny that the people they’re trying to get away from are ending up in the same lobby because both are playing to lose just in different ways.

1 Like

Lol true, there are some dysfunctions no doubt.

I’d also say going back to your wsg comparison, you can still make the argument that mid fighting to an extent is beneficial to the team within reason. Meanwhile if you pick fights early in PS you just get eaten by a bigger fish who spent their time levelling.

Been top 10 multiple times an yet I run into the storm.

:innocent:

1 Like