This is bad change

yeah it has a lot of “potential” Im a ret paladin and im going to use my single target damage buff on that mage over there so he can perform better than me cuz Im a good person :slight_smile:

Ret and maybe prot would probably be more likely to use it just on themselves but holy would probably be moving it around at least for the DPS buffs and move the other two back to yourself. They won’t be getting as much out of it as they would at least moving it between themselves and the healer or tank probably, but I think it’s fine that some people would make better use of it than others.

If they make it a longer duration buff that automatically changes seasons without having to re-cast every 30 seconds I think people who just want to stick it on themselves or whoever else and leave it could play that way and just treat it as a long duration buff while still leaving the ability for others to min/max it.

I was hoping it would be a builder :(. Why are they so against smoothing out our rotation

Yeah pretty much, venthyr signature spell is already a must have in m+.

Could’ve been an ultimate spender 3 holy power with 30sec cd thats doing high target damage and deals 50% less damage to everyone else while also inflicting a dot to everything

2 Likes

I want to go night fae but I don’t like the blessing lol

1 Like

But mEaNiNgFuL cHoIcE

5 Likes

So I want to preface this that I come from a competitive PvP background… honestly I think holy power will be cool, which is the big change in gameplay, I think for the most part this is okay.

Only thing that is an issue is SOTR… instead of adding an armor benefit, make something with pure single target dmg. It doesn’t do nearly any damage and I see almost no value for it in competitive PvP at all. It can break cc (aoe), armor benefit does nothing, and does very minimal dmg. Add a single target option, this gives you the choice of aoe dmg with SOTR and single target with another. Feels like I’m going to cap on holy power because I don’t see any real benefit in trying to do damage w/ SOTR at the moment.

My biggest issue with the changes was the change to infusion of light. This will absolutely CRIPPLE holy paladin in arena. Light’s Grace (PvP talent) would increase holy lights healing by 50% (or something like that can’t remember) and would allow you to get decent healing out of holy light, when you change the infusion of light benefit this ruins the synergy with this talent. Arena is meant to be fast, you don’t have time to sit and slow cast a holy light. This is my biggest worry for the spec. If I can’t use holy light with infusion as a builder and healing because it’s way too slow to even cast then I can see hpal being in a really really bad spot. With the play style revolving so much around Holy power your builders are so important. Crusader strike is great that it is a builder BUT in high level arena you can’t always be in the open hitting stuff because paladins have historically been the most susceptible to crowd control. PLEASE CHANGE INFUSION BACK. I truly do like the changes, adding more flavor back to the class, but this could put hpal into a really bad spot with mana (using flash instead of holy light) and healing in general. PLEASE.

this looks like amazing designs, it reminds me of pally in early vanilla when I had to get an addon for people to whisper me to buff them every 5 mins & it will auto buff them (Sarcasm)

I seriously don’t get who was the genius that thought a terrible gameplay that was so bad it was remove in early vanilla is a good thing to bring back.

There are a couple of Conduits that will make Shield of the Righteous hit a lot harder, Vengeful Shock and Punish the Guilty.
There’s a legendary too, but I don’t think its worth taking.

But yeah maybe it would be nice for prot to have a single target holy power attack. Maybe they could do something with the Warrior of Light pvp talent.

Seems like Reverbzx is speaking from Holy’s perspective, not Prot’s, the criticism seems to be that as a Holy Paladin SotR is their only offensive HP spender(?) and it’s just lackluster at it.

I had thought the first part of his statement was about prot. With the second part being about holy.