This "High Drop Chance on First Kill of Day, lol@your alts" Thing For Holidays is Total Garbage

okay, and is that worse than or better than “complete and total trash for every kill”?

because people here are saying it’s worse, and that they’re being punished!

If they don’t want people using alts for it, then they ought to just make it so that only the first kill has any chance, and later kills are just ineligible. This design is just kind of obnoxious. It creates a feeling that’s the opposite of “bad luck protection.” First kill didn’t get it? Great, your next kills have a worse chance.

I get the notion that, “no one is going to quit over this.” Which is true. This is not a straw that’s going to break any camel’s back. A lot of bad designs get locked in because they’re not worth quitting over, which is unfortunate. Little things add up, but who knows what role they play in any individual quitting, which usually takes a bigger straw.

For those saying, “well, this was an improvement of the Love Rocket” - so what? Love Rocket was a horrendously bad design to begin with. They improved on something terrible by making it less terrible, but still not good. That said, I get the notion that changing the Love Rocket to a vendor would also have been a problem, on the basis of the argument that “people have put in their time or years on something under the old system, and changing it to what it should have originally been potentially negates all that effort.” That’s a true point that had to be wrestled with when addressing the Love Rocket.

That justification doesn’t exist at all for something NEW being put in the game. This Brewfest reward was something fresh. There was no history holding it back. They could have gone with, “what we normally have done for nearly everything else that’s an RNG drop in the game over nearly two decades,” or “put it on a vendor, like the stuff people don’t complain about,” or “replicate the mediocre compromise we reached for one of the most terrible loot drops the game ever had, which hasn’t been used anywhere else in the game.”

That they went with the last option deserves negative feedback.

2 Likes

I got all the mounts within a few dozen kills.

No, alts still have their advantage, it’s just diminished. These are changes most players would’ve benefitted from long ago.

1 Like

:100:

And for all we know, they made the drop rate even worse in the name of this “amazing” new system.

This is why we can’t have nice things. Players don’t want to be “forced” do anything. So blizzard gives your first kill bonus chance so no one feels “forced” to run it on alts.

But players still complain. Just be honest, tell them you want it mailed to you on account creation.

2 Likes

found something lol

and since they didn’t do that, we can conclude they don’t mind people using alts for it. right? have they said they don’t want people using alts for it?

if we’re going to play the “for all we know” game, we’re going to be here a very long time.

Right? Would it be nice if Blizzard actually communicated these changes and their intents?

I know I know, that’s a tall order to ask and they shouldn’t have to tell us these things for a game that we pay $180 a year to play. Silly me.

Making everything vendors isn’t good gameplay.

2 Likes

They gave us increased chance on first kill of the day and you are mad about it? They should just keep it the way it was, nobody would cry about it that way. Ungrateful swines.

2 Likes

Better solution: remove Brewfest as a holiday.
Nobody needs to worry about mounts or proto-drake saddles.

what is funny players hated to make lvl 10 alts to run the event

I mean it’s all about point of view. the alternative point of view is…

They increased the drop rate at all, now you have a better chance the first time then you did before and yet we’re complaining.

Could they do more? Absolutely. to act like they’re insulting you for a rate that has always been is just anger mongering

1 Like

Isnt it like only 70 now? Havent played the event since i got all rewards already (minus drake skins since i dont care about those tbh).

back before they did the first kill buff
you could get the mounts at 10
somewhere when they up the rocket from love is in the air 2023

Yeah that’s what I did. But I got the love rocket and ram for example on my first kill of the day anyway. Thanks to increased drop chance (which was one of lvl 60 alts back then / maybe 70).

Do you have a source? Because from what I remember, you couldn’t even get the daily boss bag without being within 10 levels of max for the expansion.

1 Like

i remember seeing 10s in the event this was around 2022

You get a green one that doesn’t contain good items. You still get bonus XP with level 10+.

I assumed they meant creating level 10 alts to try and get the mount. I don’t recall that ever being a thing, but I could be misremembering.