This got a lot of hits on other Forums, Blizzard should wake up, listen to its players on customization!

WoW’s huge attraction to many players is how customizable it is, a godsend due its decades old, atrocious UI and designs. Its a shame that options we take for granted in other MMO’s are a struggle to get added into WoW (like different voice options for each race and gender, dyeable armor, and basic animation improvements).

Replacing our sounds was a solid alternative, but now we can’t even do that anymore////////

This meant the world to 1000s of players, it all started in 8.2. dont get me wrong they have such a vast and great game, why hinder players and hinder company growth by not putting these issues under spotlight to be a main focus atm, subs would skyrocket and last longer, there are so many people who love their characters when a sound of a spell could be replaced, Modifications that never ruined the game in any way shape or form and is a mighty pillar blizzard had allowed from 2004- 8.2 patch and another note also from 2004- 8.2 every race was different in every aspect now that is also gone . therefore if i can not enjoy my character i cannot enjoy all the other things the game has to offer. i have spent a hell of a lot of money on this game since 2004 and every cent was worth up on till 8.2.

1 Like

Eh. Last I heard they did that to try to clamp down on exploits. I know it’s lame but oh well.

I’m still angry about that.

1 Like

A sound folder is the same as a font folder. How do you exploit a folder you added? It’s not changing base files.

1 Like

Don’t ask me. Ask Warden and Blizz. My guess is warden just runs checksums on all the folders and if there’s a mismatch…poof. You go bye bye.

I just looked this up. Nowhere did anyone say that it was because of exploits. This is the only blue comment I can find:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ui-changes-in-rise-of-azshara/202487/22

We like I said, it’s what I heard. But hey, would be great if they let us do it again. Dunno why it was disabled then?

1 Like

I wish we could have a little more customization options. It makes it more fun.

1 Like

Rumors are rumors. Same reason we have people claiming Blizz said Sylvanas is morally grey, when it’s not what they said at all. Hehe.

There are some threads on how to change sound files, it’s apparently much more complex now. They changed it to IDs instead of names, green post theory is due to data mining. Which, clearly that stopped nothing. lol

you should be , this meant the world to 1000s of players, it all started in 8.2. dont get me wrong they have such a vast and great game, why hinder players and hinder company growth by not putting these issues under spotlight to be a main focus atm, subs would skyrocket and last longer, there are so many people who love their characters when a sound of a spell could be replaced, Modifications that never ruined the game in any way shape or form and is a mighty pillar blizzard had allowed from 2004- 8.2 patch and another note also from 2004- 8.2 every race was different in every aspect now that is also gone . therefore if i can not enjoy my character i cannot enjoy all the other things the game has to offer. i have spent a hell of a lot of money on this game since 2004 and every cent was worth up on till 8.2

1 Like