This game needs a Q&A chat channel for us noobs

I’ve suggested this a long time ago and I’ve seen it work well in Warframe. That game even has a chat bot that keeps the conversations on their Q&A channel clean and has access to the games database so players can ask where to find something in the game and the bot will tell them where it can be found. It’s an awesome game, btw. Their devs really care about their game and their community.

1 Like

There is a newcomer chat channel. It is manned by Guides, who are volunteer players that are there to answer questions. You should see it in your channel list until you reach either level 70 or 80 on your first character. Guides will have green flags next to their names, new players will have murloc heads. Not a bot, but veteran players work pretty well and have the advantage of building community.

How exactly is that visible, or known to any new player? I don’t even see what you’re talking about and I’ve played this game for 20 years.

Warframe’s community is the main contributor to answering players questions.

Because new players are automatically added to it. Since BfA, I think?

You are very not a new player, so you were never added to it.

As an experienced player, you can join it as a volunteer Guide, to see what it’s like. Talk to Celeste Periwinkle beside the bonfire on the side of the Stormwind Embassy.

So, a chat channel function is only accessible in Stormwind & Orgrimmar. How do players know about this?

Again, I’m a veteran player and I know nothing about this except for what you’ve told me. It’s not exactly accessible.

Also, don’t veterans sometimes have questions?

1 Like

Why do you think that? I haven’t been in it for a couple of years, but the chat used to reach me from everywhere, notably Exile’s Reach ofc.

It wasn’t intended for veterans. I don’t know why you never heard about it - it was mentioned on Wowhead and MMO-C and forums enough.

And yes, anybody can have questions - as we are all painfully reminded with every new launch.

And I do think it would be good to have a Questions/Help channel for everyone. Unril it gets trolled or spammed to oblivion.

That doesn’t help the majority of the wow community. A channel dedicated to answering questions would benefit everyone, provided the community is decent enough.

Also, who would flag this thread? It’s a positive change. Yall need to have your forum privileges revoked.

1 Like

Blockquote
So, a chat channel function is only accessible in Stormwind & Orgrimmar. How do players know about this?

You have to talk to the NPC to be added to the channel. Once you’ve self-selected as a guide, then you can use the channel anywhere.

The reason for self-selection for guides was so that (hopefully) those choosing to enter the channel were helpful veterans and not trolls looking to make the channel yet another Barren’s chat of old.

I’ve been playing since BC and I do occasionally learn things or ask questions, especially when a new expansion releases. It is a helpful channel and those who have self-selected to be guides are generally nice helpful players.