This game is awful

Just a constant windmill of eternally farming gold to pay for consumables to getting world buffs to raid logging to getting meaningless loot that is only used to eternally farm gold for consumables, only to raid log and then get meaningless loot again.

There is no fun in this game anymore. Any magic or charm has been destroyed by the world buffs being mandatory for naxxramas. Any fun has been stripped by the absolute INSANE consumes cost requiring you to constantly be making gold in order to raid.

If you even take 1 day off to maybe do some pvp you have put yourself behind. You lose 100g in respec costs. You lose a day of farming gold to pay for stacks of potions at 80g each.

How can anyone still play this game legitimately who doesn’t A) illegally buy gold or B) plays a mage and dungeon boosts, and actually find enjoyment? When the only way to make enough gold in order to raid is to gold farm all day and PRAY you get into a soulless gdkp run, its really not a game anymore.

This game has not been fun since bwl release and tbc will be the exact same. Oh you want to have fun? Well you can’t sorry leatherworking is mandatory for everyone and your class is no longer viable in pve.

I honestly don’t even care enough to even raid log in this game anymore and I skipped an entire month of raiding and not once felt like I was missing out. I even switched realms praying and hoping I would get the spark back. But it never came. I raided one night last week and lost over 215 gold in consumes from mongoose to protection potions to dumplings to sappers.

It really shows me just how much better retail is and how the evolution of the game has made it far better.

26 Likes

Yeah, you’re right.

Hopefully they don’t make the same mistake with TBC. Listening to the no changers was the worst thing to happen to classic. Look what the community did with the game.

22 Likes

From what I understand, the whole #NoChanges thing was also perpetuated by streamers cow-towing to their audiences as well.

4 Likes

Haven’t played classic yet, but by your description, it sounds very “time-consumingly” unrewarding…

5 Likes

Before Phase 5, things were fine. They were great, in fact. Then, sometime after the whole Scarab Lord fiasco and AQ40, everything went downhill.

8 Likes

My main is a priest. I don’t have a mage or anyone to farm insane profits from AoE dungeon exploits/boosting. I’ve never bought gold and I look down on people who do.

I have enough gold to comfortably flask and consume every week until TBC. I still do old raids on nights my guild doesn’t raid, so I don’t even have the option of buffing early and raid logging. To help grab everything I just check my server’s discord to see when drops will be and get fully world buffed the morning of or even ~2 hours before a guild raid. Takes 20m of active play time to get DS/ZG/SF/DMT.

It’s pretty manageable. I have fun.

7 Likes
2 Likes

don’t play then?

10 Likes

Bro you rich… I am too cheap and horde my gold like a leprechaun! You aint Touching meeee GOLD!!!

2 Likes

Wait, play? People still play this game? It thought everyone just boosted and bought items through GDKP. Pay to win, and all that.

4 Likes

Stop raid logging.

my 2 cents, Raids are not fun, they are just mandatory to get the best gear. Its also why retail is the most un-fun hot garbage mmo that is somehow still clinging to life. The entire game revolves around end game raids. Its dumb and not appealing.

Stop raiding and start actually playing the game.

YOU are the one who is responsible for not having fun. Do something you actually enjoy within the game. 100 more ap and 1% more crit by completing Naxx raiding logging upgrading from T2.5 for 4 months isn’t worth the effort.

Go make a twink, or gank some other faction, or w/e. Raids are unfun.

33 Likes

Lol. You love it.

1 Like

The way I see it the fun of vanilla WoW is mostly in levelling. Raids can be a fun distraction at the end of a character’s lifecycle, but you’d be a fool to take them seriously. If you had fun going all the way to Naxx that’s great, but don’t expect it to keep you entertained indefinitely.

6 Likes

I haven’t played classic for quite some time but I definitely understand. I had the most fun when I was leveling up. Raiding was fun for a little while but it got stagnant very fast. Then I found myself just jumping around in org due to boredom. I am personally hoping for tbc maybe it will be a little bit more entertaining then.

2 Likes

I’m down to raiding Naxx twice a week. Pretty much done with the rest of the game. But I don’t find it difficult to get together all of the consumables that I need for two nights of raiding, without doing anything shady like buying gold, boosting, or GDKP. Maybe an hour or two a day throughout the week.

I want to finish Naxx, finish what I started. So I can say afterward that I beat Classic, killed all of the bosses. And raiding Naxx is still fun.

If it’s not fun for you anymore, you should go do something else. It happens.

3 Likes

I don’t do any of that stuff and I’m still having fun.

My rogue is a skinner LW. My hunter is a herbalist alchemist. My priest is a tailor enchanter. My warrior is a miner blacksmith. My mage is a tailor herbalist. None of that will change in BC. My belf pally might be a miner JC, I haven’t decided yet. But I’m sure she won’t be a LW

STOP TRYING TO PARSE!

Consider taking a break or quitting, or do like I am now, play as well as you can and no kidding try and compete without any world buffs or consumables. You still need to repair but it’s a hell of a lot more enjoyable that way, and adds a whole new layer of challenge that you may not have considered yet.

Good day; that is all.

4 Likes

Well, … oh

nevermind, I’ve got nothing :wink:

1 Like

real life is awful you just grind money to get food to stave off the arbitrary starvation mechanic and repeat

35 Likes

Your guild should have world buffs set up right before your raid starts, which would allow you to play all week without raid logging. Realistically how many consumables are you going through at this point? You don’t need them outside of Naxx and during Naxx you only need 3 GSPP, 5 GFPP and a handful of mongoose/giants pots per week.