This A520 board has RGB, NVME & More for Under $70!`

2 Likes

my boy hokushin

Couldn’t swap characters idk why.

i’m going through all your old content, i didn’t know you had done so much.

Good stuff and not click baity.

Best nails in the business! I was watching some of their videos with my son a couple of weeks ago. Unsolicited opinion: Love the r outfits, wish they were incorporated into the videos, not sure about reactions, but heck, people seem to not fixate on the nails except a few jerks … if you stepped up the production value just a little bit (background, scripting) it would be great. I think the content is solid, but the masses seem to like a little fluff… :raising_hand_woman: :slight_smile:

lol I didn’t even notice the nails

all i saw were caps, traces, and sockets

Good wholesome fun!

I really liked the buying guide - hope it gets updated at some point. Good stuff.

Your videos are actually why I bought my old ryzen 5 2500u laptop. It played league of legends at 30~60fps at 1080p medium, ended up giving it to a family member. Looking forward to Zen 3 laptops though, currently using a 9th gen Intel laptop to tide me over.

1 Like

I do a bunch of fun crazy outfits: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFM9a-xH1S6/?hl=en

As for the content, it’s tough to keep up. Between working, instagram, doing cooking videos, tech videos, gaming, etc.

3 Likes

I don’t have instagram access but I’ve seen your stuff on reddit and it’s great. That’s what I was referring to, I was just trying to be discreet. :slight_smile:

Edit: Waking up at 4am and typing before coffee.

If I didn’t want to make it known I wouldn’t have posted it online got everyone to see lol

1 Like

Slightly off topic but I’ve been having a hell of a time finding a monitor.

I have a triple monitor stand that can accommodate only 24" displays.

A couple of months ago, I upgraded my center display to an AOC AGON AG241QX and I LOVE it. Fast 1440p 144hz display, good 350 nit, lots of features. Problem is, my left and right displays are still 1080p and 60hz.

Now the problems I have are:

1: Due to the difference in resolution, mousing over between screens obviously isn’t amazing, but managable.

2: Due to the difference in refresh (144 on the center display and 60hz on the others) some games seem to get confused, even with my center display as “make this my main display”, and lock me to 60hz unless they have specific resolution/refresh drop down box options (like wow).

I’ve been searching my damned head off for another 24" 1440p 144hz display, but the AOC AGON AG241QX appears to be discontinued and unavailable ANYWHERE.

Do you know if anyone is going to be making any 24" 1440p/144hz displays? Or know of any? Seems you got some AOC sponsored videos and maybe you’re in the know? Are they bringing that model back (AG241QX)?

Nearly all of the displays now are 27", and that means a new stand, new center display, AND losing out on that sweet sweet 122ppi

Since your question was ‘slightly off topic’, I won’t feel guilty at my ‘less than helpful’ reply:

I love 27" 1440/144 - I think it’s a ‘sweet spot’. Especially now that you showed me that I can crank up the sharpness. As much as I’d like to upgrade my other two monitors (24" & 27" 1080/60) to 27" 1440/144, I think I’m going to wait to see what happens with the high refresh rate 4k monitors over the next 1-2 years after seeing the performance from the 30x0 series…

Would mean new stand, 3 new monitors, and losing the tight PPI - that’s a pretty big cost.

~$150 for a quality stand (the cheap ones are flimsy, trust me I have them lol), $350 per displayx3…that’s almost as much as a half of a scalped RTX 3080!

I’ve actually considered downgrading my center display to a really expensive 24" 1080p high quality monitor just so they match :frowning:

would make my GPU last longer I guess

Ummmm - if I recall correctly, you did not buy a car. It would seem to me that you would still be saving…

#questionableaccounting

lol well, i wasn’t shopping for a car

I noticed the purple? nails. And the two fan headers on the board + cpu fan header, one more than my Gigabyte board.
but… my board has 4 ram slots/dual channel (but I’m only using 2), and dual pciex16 slots. (but one is really pciex8?), not that i use it.
Currently, my board does not support the series 4000’s, that board does, and can do everything my board is doing now. I can overclock, but see no point, my graphics card hits 100% use before my cpu hits even 60% capacity.
And that board is lower priced… and is probably gen 4 pcie.
So i see/feel the appeal as a placeholder thing.
At about 2.25, you said something about 5-1, and then hi-side low-side and then you believe its actually 4-3. Could you explain that? please.
The RGB headers, those are for LEDs? I wonder, could something useful, like a fan be connected instead? Or is there an actual function being performed?
Thanks

Dell Gaming Monitor S2417DG YNY1D 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit TN with G-SYNC, QHD 2560 x 1440, 165Hz Refresh Rate, 1ms Response Time, 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Amazon has these.

Was making a joke about this:

Yeah, not all my jokes are good … or obvious … :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My memory ain’t as good as it used to be.

Maybe I can upgrade

It is a 4+3 I did confirm that. So 4 of the VRM are dedicated to the VCore, the other 3 are dedicated to the SOC which handles IO and IGPU which most Ryzen chips last. This board is ideal for people on a super tight budget and might upgrade to mid-ranged later on down the road.

As for the RGB headers, most RGB fans have 2 connectors, one is a 3/4 pin DC/PWM connector for power and the other is a connector that either daisy chains or directly connects into something called an RGB header. Then you have 2 different types of RGB, 3 pin ARGB (Addressable) and 4 pin RGB. Surprisingly, 3 pin is better xD.