Third spec (ranged bow/gun demon hunter) tames demons as pets

third spec for demon hunters should be a ranged bow/gun shadow hunter spec that tames the demons of Azeroth as pets.

2 Likes

Soooooo Dark Ranger BM hunter?

2 Likes

Really not a fan of this, i could kind of get behinde a range spec that involes some fel magic and glaives, but honestly bow and guns would turn me off to it.

3 Likes

Yea if dark ranger BM hunters could tame demons instead of beasts ,use fel/chaos/fire magic, and have a meta form lol :stuck_out_tongue:

We have 2 classes already with 6 specs that focus on taming pets (warlocks demons , hunters pets) and both use range.

Pet micromanagement is a pain, demon hunter range spec should just be a run and gun spec with fel magic casting mixed in. Maybe like a bow that shoots fel energy or something, then you transform into a demon that fires fel balls like illidan in WC3.

2 Likes

No need. Perfect is perfect.
Too risky if you ask me.
We badass as hell with two specs.
Sometimes less is more.
I think you’re more likely to hurt the class and it’s identity/role if it’s bad.

Having more than one dps spec can be fun though, on mage its good cause when you get kinda bored of one you can swap to another.

Third spec should be ranged dps with some kind of mechanic that gives permanent demon form in combat and lets us fly while in combat, like an evoker that just does fel damage.

3 Likes

I think we would also need new lore to justify a new spec.

I wont lie, I want a new 3rd spec BADLY, however I also want it to be unique like Vengence was for me when I first play with it. (I love Havoc since it took a lot of inspiration from Illidan, but Vengence was a surprise! I went crazy when I did my Godzilla breath for the first time!)
I hope they add Shadowflame to Vengence moving foward, it fits it right. (IMO)

Anyway, I really hope when the do add a 3rd spec its really not only a good fit for DH, but it has its own unique feel to it.

I wound not mind something out of the box too like wielding the light, shadow or even Death Magic… DH wielding Rune Glaives or Mournglaves using pure Maw/Domination mix with fel, fire or Shadowflame magic to debuff or CC the battle field sound pure diabolical… and would rank the DH Edge Lord meter from 10 to 11+ !!!
:sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:
Wilding the Light with its ability to turn into shadow as a mechanic also sounds like a cool interesting theme… :thinking:

Also this new Cosmic Void theme I saw in one Aberrus Last Raid Boss would also fit nicely with DH… reminded me a bit of the Night Warrior.
That it would fit with the Night Elves DH for sure… or if they add DH for the Dracthyr! (joking)

I guess we will have to see… but I do love these crazy suggestions I keeping finding on the forums.

We already have this. It’s called Warlock.