Third Spec: Bow Wielding?

I honestly don’t know a lot about lore so I’m sure you’re right, just my thoughts from a gameplay standpoint.

I feel like they could just let the current melee dps spec to have access to both duel wield and 2handed if people want it.

Personally i think for anything melee it should go to the current melee spec, they could do some new stuff with range\mid range spec

2 Likes

This could be said for any melee spec like ret paladins, And Enhancement Shamans. Yet since Vanilla ret has been 2h and Enhance in vanilla was 2h and then went to dw. And blizzard refuses to bring back 2h enhancement. I would love to see Ret be able to dual wield. And I would love to see Enhancement be able to use 2h.

Problem is even though blizzard said they are listening and opening up their minds to new ways of playing the class somethings will never change Ret will never be able to dw unless blizzard does to them what they did to Frost which is what they would have to do to Enhancement and that would just nuke both specs that blizzard has issues with already.

But as stated we have in game proof that a dh was using a scythe so why not make a 3rd spec a 2h scythe spec since we have a DH using a Scythe in game already.

TBH, DHs don’t really strike me as an archer type. I always figured a 3rd spec might play on Eye-beams for Havoc, or Fel-breath for Vengeance.

Look up Ace Hunter Kreen in Hearthstone. Proof of bow-wielding DHs in the Warcraft universe.

If you Google it, a comment on a reddit thread mentions exactly what I imagined, bows are pretty much Warglaives with a string attached. Not too far off to think that they would start using them.

3 Likes

Not in wow and not cannon.

Blizzard can just make up whatever they want, They could have a problem with not having enough range damage in a expac about dragons so they use bows with fel magic arrows using spectral sight.

Then the transformed form is just illidans Warcraft 3 caster form.

We need more bow specs in the game only 2 bow\gun specs out of like 30-40 specs. Any new melee stuff should just go to the existing melee spec. But hey if it was a magic caster spec instead of a bow spec that would be fine too. I do think they need a third spec however

3 Likes

Hearthstone is literally in the Warcraft universe, I don’t know how else to put it. Doesn’t matter if this character has shown up in WoW, perhaps his story hasn’t been told yet, but he’s as much a character as anyone else.

If you prefer a scythe, just say that. But don’t deny that there is precedence for a bow- welding DH when the evidence is right at your fingertips.

2 Likes

That actually sounds pretty cool. I hardly use spectral sight, so seeing that animation engaged with a ranged spec … that put a nice image in my head.

1 Like

What about just sharp slicey throw glaive boomerangs

3 Likes

Just saying If its not in WoW then it can not be called cannon. even though hearth stone is supposed to be in the wow universe it isn’t cannon. until it shows up in wow game or in one of their books can not be called cannon.

If you’re going to use that word so much, at least know that it’s spelled “canon.”
“Cannon” is the thing you fire cannonballs out of.

It sounds like you just learned the word and are eager to use it to support your stance. So lets look at it. The particular definition that applies here is:

Merriam-Webster

canon (1 of 3) [noun]

3 [Middle English, from Late Latin, from Latin, standard]

c: a sanctioned or accepted group or body of related works
the canon of great literature

Or Vocabulary dot com

Canon also refers to original content — if you’re writing Harry Potter fan fiction, the source material is canon , but not the fan fiction that you write.

The key component here is that it is a genuine work by the original author. Hearthstone was created by Blizzard, and is part of the same body of related works.

So since you want to use “cannon” so much, there it is. It is by definition, canon.

Completely unnecessary to have to explain that to you or that you would use that as your argument against a bow-wielding DH spec.

“I enjoy scythe and would prefer that. There’s even DHs in WoW that use scythes.” Good. Done. That’s all it takes. It’s okay to disagree. But it’s not okay to continue to spread misinformation when presented with evidence proving the contrary.

1 Like

I would be happy regardless of what weapon choice they gave us:

• Scythe/polearm/staff or 1h+OH could be int-based if focusing on fel bolts like Illidan, but agility-based would also work with a focus on throwing glaives
  • DW weapons as we currently do could work if its built around throw glaive
  • Bow/crossbow/gun could also work. Clearly the legion uses all tech, so a DH could do. I like the idea of them shooting chaos/fel bolts from their ranged weapon.

I also want to throw the idea out of their meta form being based off of the Aranasi, which are the arachnid/sometimes humanoid demons from legion. How sick would it be to be dashing around, spewing fel bolts at people while snaring them with fel webs. Would be pretty fitting considering the arachnid/nerubian NPC race coming in TWW…

3 Likes

Kick hunters in the balls and make our ranged spec like old ranged surv.

Problem with bows means they also get guns. Imagine a demon hunter with a gun. Better just to be a ranged magic thrower like Alari the soul eater. Who is a ranged demon hunter in the lore, she carries a scythe instead of glaves.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure bows and guns are considered 2 different weapon types in WOW. Just like in classic how Shamans can wield 2hand maces but not 2handed swords.

A bow would be lame compared to the ranged attack they originally had.

Disagree duel wielding bows bro… think about it. Its lit

They’re two different weapon types.

Not sure what you are referring to, but bow as the main weapon doesn’t mean they would be incapable of ranged, chaos based attacks as well. Especially during Meta.

Bow is just a way for them to shoot fel\chaos magic long distance, I would expect demon form to be like Warcraft 3 ilidans form which is range and just shoots out energy balls.

4 Likes