Thinking of transfer

I have been thinking of making a move to Alliance side on MG. However before I do anything I’d like to know some things.
One thing that worries me is the fact many warn me there is a lot of ERP, and that if you refuse it you may not get RP. I wish to know if this is true or not.
Another question is about guilds and event times. I do want to rp, but content will always be something I wish to do. Come Shaodwlands I’d like to push keys, and maybe get up to heroic raid. What guilds actually plan to do this stuff, and what times and days. My work is weird so I can only be at raids when able. Same for RP events. Keys I can run whenever I’m on.
Last question is about PVP win rate. I notice only horde can merc, and horde seem to win more in my experience. With the new stuff coming in Shaodwlands I wonder if that will change at all. Or perhaps if there is a certain time of day that Alliance win more.
I’m honestly just asking questions here. Please don’t take it the wrong way! I want to know what I’m gettin in to before I love servers and factions.
As for RP I’d like to know if people on MG are open to darker characters, not a dangerous character, just not holy light loving type. Not a sweetheart type who can’t fight their own battles. Where I’m at now people don’t like a character who’s not an easy target, or who’s got a darker side to them.
Please let me know anything you can about this stuff.
Thank you and a have wonderful day/night.

My PvE characters are all on another server, but I can at least answer the rp questions.

There’s a lot of erp in Goldshire, of course. Sometimes one of them escapes. And you’ll see advertisements for “lifestyle” guilds. But you will 100% be able to find tons of roleplay without having to erp for it. It’s never been an issue for me.

It’s very open to darker characters. There are some great darker themed guilds and there are some open rp areas that attract them.

3 Likes

Unless you plan to just RP in Goldshire this is blatantly false.

Raid Guilds shift and turn on MG and me not being the biggest active raider I can’t say the best idea frequent the forum page here and you’ll see them pop up.

EDIT: I recommend checking out First Light.

The server being a clear Alliance Majority tends to favor Alliance a lot more, but seeing as queuing for PvP tends to throw you against people from other servers no matter what I doubt that matters.

MG Is open to all sorts of characters, just a matter of finding the right RP guild or friends that fit what you want.

1 Like

What are the time for events for most guilds, and what guilds are open to somewhat darker characters? I’d like to maybe reach out to some. Find a proper guild before I make the move.

Your best bet would be to browse the forums here for guild ads. I would also recommend rolling an alt on MG so you can peruse the guild finder listings. There are a lot of different kinds of guilds, and those guilds follow all manner of schedules.

You might get a bite or two from an eager guild recruiter here in this thread, but you’re far more likely to find something that suits you by taking the initiative in the ways I’ve listed above.

2 Likes

It really depends on how dark you want to get some of then organizations do not even use a guild but a nickname and a communicator system to keep track of who is who and what not.

If you want a basic run down of Criminal Guilds I would suggest hanging around the tavern Slaughtered Lamb thr Pig n Whistle later in the night. More, colorful characters show up at night. If you catch my drift.

ERP is optional. If you don’t wanna do it just put it your OOC section that this isn’t a ERP character. Simple as that.

Not criminal dark, just a dark arts user who may do some shady things. She’s not a criminal though.

I would make a post on the forums well, another one summing up the character without giving too much backstory away. Some guilds have race restrictions and others do not, you’ll find more guilds that dont than they will honestly.

That is about all I can think of. If I helped at all, im glad.

1 Like

Definitely helps yes! The MG form here where I posted this right? A new thread with some backs information about the character?

I would suggest posting that onto this forum. Tell them what kind of guild you are looking for and what not. Just write what you think you need to write to give enough information about your character and then guild yolounare looking for :slight_smile:

Hi there, and welcome to the server if you decide to come here! I can’t speak much on the PvE/PvP side of things since I’m not as active in that content as I used to be, but given how large the server is, I’m sure there are plenty of groups that still do that stuff regularly.

As for roleplay, it’s got great variety for all types of characters. I’ve never had any issues with finding platonic RP in the years that I’ve played on the server, and don’t worry - there’s plenty of non-ERP RP out there. Most people are pretty respectful if that and/or romance subplots are not someone’s cup of tea.

People are totally open to darker characters here! All alignments are welcome, and you’ll meet all sorts of types of people! More than likely, you’ll find some like-minded folks that your character can call an ally.

I highly recommend maybe attending a few open RP events on the server over the next few weeks. It’s a great way of meeting people on a server and getting to participate in RP events regularly without having to join a Heavy RP guild, since you mention wanting to focus more on game content. There are some PvE and PvP guilds out there that also do RP, however!

February Alliance, Horde, and Neutral Monthly Event Calendar Here’s the link for the upcoming RP events, and it also lists some Discord servers you can join to keep track of events!

The various Discord servers really help with keeping up with all RP events going on (I personally prefer it over combing through forum posts daily to see if anything’s going on for that day), but you may have to mute all but the event announcement channels just to reduce new message notification spam.

3 Likes