Thinking of rolling a Horde toon here

Looking for a guild if I do.

Faction: Horde.

Time Zone: EST

PvP: High Priority. I tend to PvP quite a bit, having got the itch back in vanilla when I spent most of my hours rank grinding across a few servers with my guild. It would be nice to have some folks to group with for BGs.

PvE: I don’t PvE that often, but I don’t mind helping out in a pinch.

RP: I am more of a light rp’er. I enjoy rp (have played DnD in most of its forms, as well as Warhammer RPG and Harnmaster) but I dislike roll events and I tend to spend most of my in game time playing rather than roleplaying.

About Me:
– I’m 49 years old, married and a father of 5…that I know of…every Father’s Day I get nervous when the doorbell rings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

–I have played WoW since vanilla, where I started out as a dwarf warrior on Lightninghoof. I also played on VeCo and Twisting Nether, doing the rank grind on each server.

– My availability is random, at times, as my playtime is impacted by my wife’s work schedule since on her days off Mrs Nakhu takes priority.

– Besides Wow, I’m an avid Oklahoma Sooners fan (BOOMER SOONER), I enjoy medieval history and Ren faires, as well as working out and playing basketball when my decrepit knees allow it :slight_smile:

– I’m a lawyer (please don’t hold it against me :wink: ) and adjunct college instructor. I also do some volunteer work with civil rights organizations and coach youth football. Just finished up my CPT certification and currently working on my Strength and Conditioning coach and Sports Nutrition certs.

– I don’t like drama, especially in my gaming time as life is dramatic enough and a couple of my children are bi-racial so I definitely don’t mesh well with bigotry or attempts at humor that so much as borders on bigotry. The Constitution protects everyone’s freedom of speech, but I choose to exercise my right not to listen to what I consider ignorance.

Thanks for your time.

3 Likes

Dont join a raiding guild. They’re all bad and anti-disability and very racist. This is for horde though. The population is so small, all the major guilds are super toxic to each other guilds and pugs brought to raids. Stay away from them.

Make a toon and find me and I will talk your ear off. I am at work and don’t have time to write a thesis on this right now.

It’s ironic because Justen is the one stirring things up and trolling in trade and LFG, so don’t pay them any mind.
This server is pretty good compared to the usual mentalities, though a bit sparse player-count wise.

PVP wise, though, we’re a totally dead server. This might not be the place for you just because of that.
Most of the rankers have already hit goals and stopped. Caps are low, but you’re gonna end up solo-playing 99% of the time.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone know how Alliance side is?

I haven’t been actively playing Classic recently but the PvP scene was good over here, last I knew. There’s a Discord for Bloodsail Buccaneers PvP that was very active last I checked. I think the server may be Alliance heavy as well as there are always people out and about at any time of the day.

OK, as far as horde population goes, I have never seen it above 600 when I checked except a few times during prime time. Even when AQ opened it didn’t go over 500. It hovers around 250 to 500 at any given time with the larger number being achieved during evening prime time. So far the PVP ranks have heavy twinks in the 29 bracket but not the 39’s. Mostly will have to face premade alliance when you get to 60. Stuff like AV has long queues indeed. Questing for easy quest will involve lots of solo time but I have always been able to find groups for most elite quests and my guild helps out. Several raid guilds on horde that do regular content but the rest are very casual leveling guilds. Most of the population online at any given time is around the 30-40 range. I don’t play alliance and don’t have detailed numbers on their side because I don’t have any toons there. Someone else would have better info on that.

On the subject of PvP, I’d like to add that we are a very small server as far as horde goes, and this drastically affects the PvP community. If you want to get into a high-speed grind team that can crush all opposition, you won’t find that here. Our PvP community is very small. I worked for months to get people to group queue, so that the last part of my r14 grind was usually in a group. We did fine against pugs, but usually not against other premades. Still, group PvP is better than solo PvP, even if you lose. We did get together as a community to help each other get that r14, and we do have a number of r14s… 18, with 3 more that should have hit it today. I confess, after I was our 6th HWL back in June, I pretty much dropped out of PvP, so I do not have a good idea of what the current PvP scene looks like. We still have a pretty good queue of ranking players, and we can get you into the system if you should decide to roll here.

As for PvE, as some others have mentioned, there are a few raid guilds. I’ll put in a plug for my guild here–they were very supportive of my PvP grind. I remained a core raider throughout the grind. We are currently tackling AQ, and pretty much have BWL and MC on farm. As far as I know, there are no core PvP guilds.

I’m usually on in the evenings if you want to ask more about our PvP community.

Thanks, Palvarga. I’m pretty much PvE garbage though, so I would tend to be more of a hinderance than a help in a raid.