Things some folks would like to not see in The War Within

Sometimes it helps to get it out of your system when one has to literally gripe out about how they feel when something they love is being systematically ripped to shreds by every “new” (more like bad) idea to “Improve the Player Experience”. Here’s a short list of some of the things I personally don’t want to see continue to be a part of WoW with the release of TWW. Comment on the crappy in-game things you personally don’t want to see any more of. Hell, comment on cool in-game ideas that you want to see return. Keep it serious but don’t get big mad over something you like but Joe Blow from Kokomo (literally implying any random person) says that he doesn’t.

Power creep, seasonal raid tiers, loot starvation and paid run/levelling services.

Power creep, makes one feel powerful in a creepy way, doesn’t it? Naw, not really, I’m just tired of slow gearing my character in the MOST ARTIFICIAL WAY POSSIBLE. Seriously, Blizz this is what you came up with to keep people from becoming too powerful too fast? Oh, I’ve got an idea, why don’t you put a weekly cap on iLvl increase while you’re at it just to tighten the screws some more (That was sarcasm, not serious about that). Increasing one’s iLvl is the same kind of situation, too high a level of content difficulty has kept a lot of folks from making it past certain gear level points. Everyone wants that 3000 M+ score before they’ll let you in their aspect crest farm runs (Hmm… Makes me think of a certain raid achievement almost everyone wants before letting someone into a paid heroic or mythic raid run)

I’m also no longer down with waiting for a raid season to change over for the next highest ilvl to drop and it’s getting old. I’m personally tired of throwing away a bunch of gear each season that I busted my butt for. Seasonal raid tiers have led to seasonal upgrade currencies and the sheer amount of differing currencies I already have on a single character is staggering, for DF it is specifically because of the power creep and seasonal raid tiers.

As for loot starvation… I’m tired of being hungry all the time and TWW is Blizz’s last real opportunity to fix this problem (and yes, for those of us that invest our time, practice and rote effort into the game, it is a problem), in the eyes of not just me but of a lot of players. Using another game as an example, ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) uses a system where the loot rewards from each dungeon run give SOMETHING OF SUBSTANCE to each and every player that completes it. The rewards are pretty much guaranteed to contain something the player can use or turn into a nice bit of gold by selling to others through the Auctioneers. The concept of a dungeon/raid loot item being character bound is only implemented once the item is used or equipped. You want gold sellers out of business? You want AH prices to actually be more reasonable? You want some schadenfreude watching AH hedgers lose out every time they run through Stormwind or Orgrimmar for their weekly AH murderhobo buyouts? Eliminate loot starvation entirely, retroactively as well. You can remove a vast majority of some of the most toxic players from the game simply by shaking up one of their biggest stakes in the game, the AH economy.

Paid run/levelling services? Pretty self explanatory, it’s a Blizz-permitted player practice that has literally RUINED M+ and Raiding. I don’t have 200k gold (neither do a large portion of players either) to just sling at some rando that may or may not ensure that I complete the Mythic raid run and get the loot I’m trying (and paying) for. And therein lies the greatest problem, paying for a loot drop that one may or may not get… How does that work by the way? Seems kinda sus.

Also, how does the same guy manage to get top number in every single loot roll in the raid when he should have no ability to need at all for anything he’s rolling for, especially when the gear is not even part of his own spec? That seems really sus to me, sus enough to question the integrity of the code-injection monitoring software that is supposed to be a part of the game client.

To Blizz, if anyone there actually reads this, stop and think about the players this coming expansion, not your annual bonuses. Think about what keeps the players with you and ask yourselves if you’re doing something that appreciates the the value of the players in your game instead of solely your pocketbooks, because I guarantee you that whatever you do in order to appreciate the value of your player base, that effort will make your pocketbooks grow alongside said player base. Granted that business strategy isn’t much for the “right-now, right-now” but the payout when “later, later” comes will be tremendous and I daresay much bigger than “right-now, right-now” business tactics.

Now I can hear some folks in the replies gonna say “Buh, but you can farm a hundred thousand gold in an hour by doing this on seventeen different characters! Git gud with your RNG! Buh!” And I’d reply with something like “Dude, shut up with that jazz, I’m not a bot farmer like you.” This is why I said get over it if you read about something that you like but literally anyone else commenting about that something does not. I’d like to see people’s honest opinions about systems in WoW that they don’t like or are seeing problems with that should not be carried over into The War Within. Who knows, maybe some GM or Dev at Blizz will see your comment about some esoteric RNG system and be like “Yeah, that system wasn’t intended to work out like that when we implemented it and thanks for noticing so we can fix it.”

If I can challenge a few of the concerns here;

Power creep in regards to Seasonal raid tiers - biggest issue is there’s a different lineup of dungeons each season so while raiding may remain the same not increasing the item level might mean someone has a ‘best in slot’ for their class that is no longer obtainable.

Loot starvation - is this an issue you believe is plaguing the game?
I know in FF and a few other games you can buy BiS gear using dungeon (or duty roulette ) currency at a gated 1 piece a week but it’s targetable. I don’t think WoW is loot starved but it can feel RNG.

Paid run services - you can specify with that seller what you’re after. So if you’re leather you could get a party of full leather wearers to run a dungeon with you. Sellers don’t give guarantees but depending on how much gold you’re throwing you can increase the odds. Easier for some classes than others by the virtue of them not being a cloth/mail tank, but it is how it be. I don’t see them removing the ability for players to do gold paid services for each other.

1 Like

My ideal seasonal raid tier solution was to just release the max iLvl for the entire expansion and let folks grind out on their own time from there, grind it all out at once or take your time over the course of the whole thing, either way the option for reaching the max iLvl should be more organic rather than being, literally, a seasonal artificial cap and seeming organic from there with each season. Throwing away gear every season that someone worked hard for over the course of that season to gather together is seen as a problem for a lot of folks, myself included. Releasing max iLvl at the beginning of the expac allows players to easier focus on gearing their alts. I main a MM Hunter, but I would like to be able to gear my Warrior and other toons a little more simplistically so I can fill other roles as needed with those characters. The main idea is to allow alt running players to focus on handling business and gearing with them as well as having their main toon’s needs fulfilled as well.

I don’t want to see:
-another Pathfinder, no matter how short.
-Quality Levels, not on mats, not on items.
-any nerfs to the stated vision of delves
-currencies not on the tab.
-DF style legendary acquisition.

:speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

What would be a non-seasonal raid tier? Can you explain what you mean by that?

So you want the highest available item level to continuously grow throughout a season? That sounds worse. What’s the point of playing the season until the item level reaches the highest it will for that season?

So you mean the reverse where item level NEVER increases over the course of an expansion? Then what would be the point of doing new content? This is literally removing one of the core aspects of this game: gear progression.

“Seasonal raid tiers” have existed since 2004, “seasonal upgrade currencies” have not; they are not intrinsically linked.

You have five for Season 3: Flightstones, Whelpling’s Crests, Drake’s Crests, Wyrm’s Crests, and Aspect’s Crests. I can agree with condensing these down, like removing Flightstones entirely, but that would also probably come with condensing the dungeon and raid difficulties which I also support.

This is not unique to Dragonflight.

Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out!

Slice and dice (make it permanent and passive) for all rogue specs

Shadowfiend for holy priests (add the equivalent to passive mana regen)

Fade (make it permanent and passive for all priest specs)

Bake death chakrams and volley and salvo together into ONE cool down (no macro needed for salvo anymore) for MM hunter

For resto druid, humanform wrath and starfire buffed significantly, to the point where shapeshifting is not required at all for great damage

All evoker spells become castable while moving (maybe hover becomes permanent and passive)

I also want less cooldowns on all healer specs. The rotations imo are great but the amount of cool downs and mini-cooldowns is too much for me to enjoy. No I will not burden my groups by not taking these powerful cooldowns for my comfort.

Power Creep: In your power creep section, you speak of blizzard making it more difficult to earn ilvls and “forcing” players to gain gear slower, however gearing has never been more free to do in any existence of the game and this will also coincide with loot starvation… you have M+ you can run an infinite amount of times to get the best gear you can even turn that gear into tier gear if you have bad luck in raid. Just M+ alone makes this not even an issue let’s not forget about the 4 tier levels of raid plus the vault at the end of the week gear is flowing and there’s only been additions to getting gear.

Seasonal raid tiers call them seasons or patches doesn’t matter at the end of the day it’s a MMO you progress your end game character with gear from the current patch. If you are tired of this take a break, come back in a year, but this isn’t a problem plaguing the game… it’s just simply the game.

We all know what gambling is. If someone pays for an item drop they are paying for the chance of obtaining it key word here is chance It’s a gamble they are spending with their own gold why are you worried about what people do with their gold?

Of course, i found the issue you have. You don’t know how to make gold, and you hate everyone who has gold to spend, lol. Btw people who play the auction house aren’t the issue on wow Economy prices are high. 5-6 years of mission tables giving everyone who used them multiple hundreds of thousands of gold did that.

OH geeeez

Oh geeeez x2

So here’s the thing with some of what you were saying you were kind of on track with, for example If you time an M+ dungeon everyone in the dungeon should get 1 piece of loot. Off rip like the original M+ system. Is it something I am quitting over? No, but it would be a nice change to see and make me feel like my time wasn’t wasted.

Alter Mythic raids to be a difficult challenge but not Impossible. Remove one shot mechanics from raids as it offers nothing positive to the raid experience.

Race to world first tournament servers keep it all off regular live servers for better balancing

Either keep flights tones or fragments, but not both (id rather have fragments because it allows all levels of play to be useful for everyone)

Explain things in game better. Wow, lacks engaging language for new systems added, Notably in DF the new crafting systems. I should be able to comprehend what to do by reading something in game, not having to go to YouTube to figure it out.

player housing plz <3

ESO has a similar system to this, it may not be a piece of gear that you get with that system, but it is always definitely something you can make use of, either to sell off, add to your plethora of transmogs and gear sets or even something that adds an improvement to your combat and crafting skills. The loot reward may be anything really (reminder that it still uses RNG), but players are almost always able to put it to use in some meaningful way.

It just feels like with loot starvation in WoW that my efforts to perform well in M+ are wasted when all I get from an M+ run is some flightstones, crests and gold which is pretty much the standard anyway. Loot drops for one off things like mogs that are ground out through reputation are pretty sensible to throw out there at the end of a dungeon. Placing the entire expac loot table being available in M+ as reward drops for completion would be an improvement. Raid tier set gear becoming available in M+ as a final boss reward, not just coming out of the vault, would alleviate a lot of frustration revolving around raiding as well. That’s not an invitation to eliminate the concept of the revival catalyst though. Still needed and everyone knows exactly why, because RNG as a rule consistently sucks.