They've Revamped The Boar Model Before Revamping The Centaur Model

Quillboar are one thing… but actual boars? Now you’re just humiliating my 6-limbed friends.

:sob:

Also that boar’s hairstyle is sick! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Cute! Boars always hogging the attention.

Centaur just aren’t really a pig deal right now. :smirk:

4 Likes

Neigh! :horse:

1 Like

I mean…

Have centaurs been relevant since Desolace and the Barrens?

4 Likes

Have boars been relevant since ever?

You went a little too ham on the puns, those belong in a pigsty

1 Like

I mean, we gotta farm 8 behinds of some animal, and it can’t always be bears.

1 Like

well if they just released an updated centaur model that basically confirms that the next expansion is azeroth revamped. Because where TF else will we fight centaurs?

Boars can be justified as hunter pets and can be placed in many areas.

1 Like

That boar do be looking kinda thicc though :eyes:

Or… they could be friends! Magni teased Centaur help in BfA prepatch and it never happened and I’m sad :frowning:

I wish Blizzard made Warlock pets from time to time :sob:

I’m actually curious what prompted this.

What’s so currently/soon-to-be relevant about boars that they decided to revamp their model now? …

Only thing I can think of is, with Thrall’s new and updated model (yes, Thrall gets yet another new model!) he might be relevant and maybe his retirement home will be featured where he farms boars. Yes, I know it’s traditionally pigs that Orcs farm, but we all know how fast and loose this franchise is with specific animals.

Orc Heritage Armor questline soon, maybe?

2 Likes

The Jailer turns out to be three boars in a trench coat in the big end of raid reveal.

1 Like

for real. More succubus skins, different options for imps (maybe dress them up?), different skins for voidwalker such as maybe a felfire walker, different infernal types, reskins of felguards.

2 Likes

Eh… I kinda figure they (and the Humans, Forsaken, and Night Elves) got enough armor rep with the Warfront sets. At least for a good long while.

I mean, it’s possible, and lord knows Blizzard loves them some orcs, but… I still doubt it.

Clearly you have never lived the “only kill boars from 1 to max level” experience!

1 Like

Nah they’ve confirmed everyone is getting actual Heritage armor, so Mortis might be on to something.

Oh? Did I miss that?

It was in the novel.

Sylvanas did not promise she would, but she smiled. “Please let us save you some time as you execute this task. Where may Arandis send you next?”

“Desolace, I think,” Magni mused. “Need tae tell th’ centaur. Thank ye, lassie.” Sylvanas kept the pleasant smile on her face even as she seethed at the too-familiar, condescending term. All were quiet as Arandis conjured a portal that opened up onto the bare, ugly land, and Magni stepped through it and vanished.

Ohh dang, well the whole “the planet is bleeding out” thing kinda got dropped as a plotline entirely anyways, so I’m not surprised.

1 Like

The only boar update I need is for the boar mounts to not run like they have a stick up their keisters.

Hogrus best boar.