They're trying to take our observer away!

I don’t play Warlock, does the Observer do something different than the other Warlock pets?

It’s a glyph for the Fel puppy. One we’ve had for a decade that they claim people are too dumb to know what it is when it interrupts.

3 Likes

Ah, okay. I’m going to make a theory and say they might be trying to turn the Observer into its own thing on the talent tree maybe? I don’t know why they’re taking away something like this; it’s a harmless glyph.

Nothing is being added, just removed. And yes, it’s dumb.

1 Like

Have they said WHY they’re taking it away?

Yep. A pretty bs reason.

1 Like

They may keep a semblance of it. Who knows? We still don’t have any models or anything yet.
It does make me sad. It’s been my main pet since the glyph came to be… in what? Legion?

1 Like

I mean, I was pretty salty when they both got rid of the Searing Totem and the glyph I spent money on to make it look like the cool snake totem.

We have all models that will be added. None are the Observer and the dev notes are pretty clear.

1 Like

I’ll never not miss searing totem or even the old totem system. Our current totems are just killable cooldowns. That’s it. I miss the old system and having all 4 totems around you. They brought it back as a talent for awhile and ripped it away… again. shaman fantasy constantly ruined.

3 Likes

What’s truly sad about it is the loss of voice lines. I work in sound production, and it’s always an extremely sad, dystopian, dark age for me when unique, and especially very good sound and VO work, is removed and lost to the void. It’s especially dark when it’s for an extremely stupid reason that doesn’t even exist, like the nonexistent problem they came up to justify removing observer. Literally like no one has problems with this in pvp.

They’re just cowards, afraid of misconduct controversies “worsening” by having a floating tentacle monster flying at female players in pvp. They’ve also likely encountered a horrible bug with it in the new lock barbershop option interface. And instead of spending time to figure out how to fix it, they’d rather just remove it and call it a day. These two things together, makes them make stupid lazy decisions like this.

Basically it’s the equivalent of burning books, which is a horrible, horrible, horrible crime to our species, even if said book is your own property.

What a bull reason to remove it. Non warlocks don’t know what it is…everyone knows what that damn thing does lol.

3 Likes

Wow how did I miss these…
Not much of a customization.

There is not a single reason, even the bologna one they gave makes no sense.

Honestly pretty sad, but good example.
Seems like they should be adding more, not removing them.

But this same thought process is why the d4 classes look the way they do.
They wanted each class to have a specific look so you can’t mod the body appearance at all.
Like… it’ll be pretty obvious by what weapons, spells, armor they have.
Same with the pets. Each one is very unique to the type. Observer, if you know anything about locks, you know thats a fel hunter… so what is the problem exactly?

These days I dunno how they’d implement Searing Totem to actually fit within our rotation.

Video games are art. Destruction of art or parts of art is very painful.

Don’t get me started on wildstar and other burried games.

1 Like

Is there some new model they are trying to push or is this really just for no reason at all?

not trying…ARE!!! MUUHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

We won’t let them! I will start the eyeball crusade!

1 Like

The whole silhouette argument is stupid.

1. It implies they think players have the brain capacity of a toddler and don’t know what Warlock pets do
  2. It went out the window the day they made Void Elves. There’s literally no way to tell a Void Elf from a Blood Elf in full armor based on their silhouettes.

Personally, I think the real reason is that the Observer doesn’t play nice with their new Demon Customization feature and just don’t want to admit it. Everyone knows WOW runs on decades old spaghetti code. They should either admit they don’t want to do the work to fix it or put in the effort to make it work.

The Observer deserves to stay!