They're Complaining About "Respeccing" in General

Disclaimer: I quit toward the end of WOTLK and haven’t played since then, except when the forums shifted and I leveled this guy (and a druid to like 15) so I’m not 100% on how it all works right now but…

This sure seems like they can essentially respec (reforge) their armor for dual roles, and are complaining about the costs, seems a little ironic, no?

2 Likes

Theres currently no cap on re-speccing costs and the price decay is as bad as vlassics. Frankly I just have an extra set of azerite gear and call it good at that,

1 Like

You don’t even need a full extra set. Just 3 pieces of gear

I don’t think it is at all ironic, or even surprising, when you consider that most of those wanting either dual spec or cheaper (or free) cost to reallocate talent points have the same sort of mindset as those complaining about “reforging” costs in retail.

When you give a mouse a cookie…

7 Likes

Not so much a complaint about respeccing, just another terrible feature of azerite armor.

2 Likes

All thanks to you people wanting all your changes.

8 Likes

Be fair here dude, The only people who wanted azerite gear was the devs, most of us were happy with tier.

4 Likes

Nah there was a bunch who wanted to get rid of tier too.

2 Likes

it will want a glass of milk

4 Likes

And that glass of milk will lead to another “request”.

The point is that the mouse is never satisfied.

Maybe Blizzard should refrain from giving the mice that cookie.

2 Likes

There was? That change seemed completely out of the blue to me, as was disabling non-current tier set effects like they did the expansion before.

Anyway, Azerite armor is bad, I don’t even want to know which dev came up with that system; and to the complaining players: if you don’t want to drop 640+ gold on respec costs, learn to use your equipment manager like an adult. :roll_eyes:

Nah there was a small set of people who whined about tier in LFR, I guess blizzard got sick of it and screwed everyone over by switching to azerite gear instead of tier.

1 Like

No surprising me.

Retail players and some here too have this “only myself” and insta gratification mentality, how much more you give to then, more they wil want. Even if it reaches a point that the entire game will play for her.

4 Likes

It’s just funny to me because people back in the day were saying that the dual spec would fix the issue for the hybrids, that’s all they needed etc.

Now they want free gear for them as well, hilarious.

6 Likes

In fairness only some (if even a majority) wanted changes. It’s those that whined that are listened to. It seemed that the blizzard of old wanted to make a game that they themselves would want to play. I cannot imagine a single person at blizzard actually plays their new games because they enjoy them and not because they are paid to.

1 Like

They complained about having to earn and carry more than one set of gear back then, also. Why do you think Blizzard changed gear to have “adaptable” stats that change based upon a player’s “spec” or class?

I noticed that, wasn’t 100% on what it was…it’s so pathetic.

To be fair Azerite reforging is worse in cost than respeccing in Vanilla because A. You need to pay 3 times per respec and B. There is no cap on how expensive it can get.

You’re honestly better off just getting a new set of gear, but that doesn’t fix the problem that Azerite gear is just designed terribly from the start and is more about keeping the player infinitely grinding like this is Diablo 3.

1 Like

I hear about how azerite system is trash. But you only need to carry 3 more itens on your bag.

:unamused::unamused::unamused:

It’s also farming the gear because the traits on the armour are completely random, and there is a massive variance in how powerful the traits actually are.

The fact that you’re carrying 3, 6, or 9 extra items depending on your class and what specs you care about is the least of the problems with Azerite. Given increased bag sizes since Vanilla, it’s pretty much a non issue.