"they want to try to save the system before throwing it out."

Between soulbinds, the ability AND legendaries, i doubt they will be too far apart.

And i loved legion legendaries, i wanted that back in BfA so bad.

So what are people mad about with Covenants? Too much RPG in their MMORPG?

2 Likes

Because BFA sucks to play. That could be a huge part of the issue. BFA just feels awful to play and a LARGE majority of the playerbase agrees. It doesnt feel good to gear. The story sucks. Mythic+ is pretty meh.

Its amazing you still have a sub right now.

If BFA sucks to play, maybe they should change some things around. In BFA you can change your talents on a dime. Maybe they should change that a little, with this new covenant system?

You might get back more of those millions of subs you lost through the years.

Reforge your azerite traits to the worst you have available, go play bfa and tell me how it goes.

4 Likes

Thats something I have been saying! I FULLY agree with you. I do think that they can easily solve it with a talent system for Covenants. Boom

That doesn’t solve the issue. Players already have free reign with talents they can change on the fly to conquer any task.

We’re still not at WotLK levels.

Or, crazy idea, give the classes the power, not another silly borrowed power system.

3 Likes

I still have a sub because I have friends whom still play this game as its the only MMO they play

Now that is big brain. I see I am indeed the tiny brain individual :slight_smile:. Id like that

What I find funny is on reddit and here, people are LOVING that 2 handed frost is coming back. Even though it hasn’t been simmed yet. It could be horrible compared to DW. We don’t know based on the attack power bonus of the abilities and the stats. It could be really bad.

But yeah know what, lots of people want it back.

So it’s just funny how players first reaction to 2 handed frost isn’t “Well… how will it sim?”

Yet covenant abilities are… “Well… how will it sim?”

I just dont see the reason to tie power to covenants when people will be rolling them for gear looks and mounts or whatnot.

Either it will be a bland clone system or power levels will be all over the place.

Either option is worse than just letting it be cosmetic.

So what, New game play styles and swapping gameplay choices should be fun and having more gameplay styles is dumb. Method and limit and min maxers are just gonna make 2-4 accs of the best two possible covs for m+ and pvp and raiding and switch if any get nerfed any ways. To the dev maybe. To the player not having offspec support and playing the same class and spec day 1 to day 100 gets stale eventually. From a player perspective you’d just get one talent choice and never even see the others or know what you could have for a single ability. But there’s no way that tank, aoe, pvp, raiding and dungeons will all fit together.

Games like runescape have all roles available at once and people hybrid or tribrid all three classes performing rapid switches sacrificing wealth and risk for more combat. How is having skills to think about or play bad. It’s like only being able to order off the breakfast menu or the drinks section and don’t even think about fries or cheating your way with a combo meal that ruins you with all four choices. Who’s miserable over getting a combo meal with a little everything vs just a 4k of too much soda?

A combination of 3 things:

1. Blizzard is terrible at balance, and one of the covenant’s abilities WILL be superior to the others.
  2. Blizzard is notorious for drastic, frequent changes. The good covenant’s abilities that people picked WILL be nerfed, and they’ll want to change covenants as a result.
  3. Blizzard has said that changing covenants will be on par with switching Scryer/Aldor, which took MONTHS of grinding.

Fix #3 and it’s fine, by shortening the respec.

Fix #2 and it’s even better. If Blizzard would release the covenants and say this is how they will be - FOREVER - then nobody would care.

i do tend to have them on what i prefer. but its not the same thing, azerite is just one piece.

I agree. Thats why I keep bringing up the fact that while yes casuals should be able to enjoy the game it shouldnt mean they should just throw the power levels out the window and completely ruin the balance of the game. And I REALLY dont want it to be a clone system as then they will just do the same thing they did in BFA. Every bad system in BFA was just layered with system after system after system until nobody could tell wtf was going on

1 Like

I feel like people genuinely don’t. I feel like they remember Legiondaries from 7.3 when they rained from the sky and it was entirely feasible to get half a dozen of them a week. If you got the “wrong one”, you waited a week or two and the right one dropped for you eventually.

But early in the expansion? I remember some people (granted more of the crazy ones), who figured out that once you were functionally hard capped at 2 legendaries, the only way to actually get the ones you wanted was to reroll the same class and try, try again.

In 7.0 and 7.1, getting the wrong legendary felt awful. And how bad that system was doesn’t go away just because they eventually fixed it. I’d rather they launch Covenants as something besides a complete dumpster fire than wait for the last patch of the expansion when they fix the issues with it.

Because people don’t bother?

How does making the system more flexible to account for different playstyles hurt casuals?

When has Blizzard ever offered a choice as important as Covenants that you couldn’t change whenever you wanted?

Because that’s really the crux of the issue. It’s fine if Necrolords are good for PvP, Night Fae for Mythic+ Healing and Kyrians for Raid DPS’ing.

But the problem with making choices like that, is that we’ve never been locked into that choice before, we’ve largely had the freedom to change it on the fly, or in the case of stuff like Azerite Traits, build a different set for different scenarios.

This situation is a lot like early Legion, where Legendaries largely locked you into one particular playstyle, because they were so scarce, and powerful.

Minus the RNG, which is the silver lining I guess.

5 Likes

4 legendaries.

And i remember the start, my first legendary was the classless ring, I still loved the system.

Vanilla World of Warcraft. Dwarf priests are vastly superior to any other priest in the game due to racials. Yet you couldn’t race change in Vanilla. You need to spend 250+ hours leveling and then more time gearing that new toon up.

Yet despite Dwarf Priest being the META choice, plenty of players, including players from top 10 world first guilds back in 2006, cleared Naxx which is considered one of the hardest raids in the games history due to how time consuming vanilla was, with non-dwarf priests.