"they want to try to save the system before throwing it out."

Casuals outnumber hardcore though, so if you’re going to piss of either side you know which one to go for, because you can’t make both happy.

Wildstar tried to cater to the hardcore crowd. Where is wildstar now? Oh…

Thats where I disagree. If you piss off one side thats putting all your coins on the other side. You cant be too casual or too hardcore otherwise you damage your brand and your playerbase. Like Luuni said look at Wildstar, went too far for Hardcore and killed the playerbase.

Wildstar was also a buggy mess that even the hardcore hated. And it had like bugs left in raiding to stop people because their raids weren’t actually as hard as they said. And it also got like… almost no content updates for all the years it was out.

Honestly from everyone I know and even myself whom I count myself as a semi hardcore mmo player. I loved wildstar. Its a shame they went too deep

I mean, not that that’s related to what I said whatsoever (which was that N10 Deathwhisper was easy, she was, especially at 30%).

But 40% is actually a pretty good clear rate of AotC. Only Argus has a higher AotC clear rate.

Though depending on your source, it’s probably hella screwed, since Blizzard broke the API that lets sites trawl the armoury, which is why sites like RealmPop don’t work.

1 Like

Yes and classes have those same issues. If I’m a DK but want to DPS in the current raid, what do I do? Either I accept that I’m bottom of the pack in both of my DPS specs or I level up another class?

1 Like

Hence the issue with the game at the moment. If you raid, you of course want the best gear. If you Mythic you want the best gear. So you can do best DPS and be top of the pack. This way you dont feel pressured into flipping to another class

That’s a different conversation entirely, making sure each ability is valid in each piece of content at least (like mirror for mages is FAR too pvp based)

But lets not forget. You can buy AOTC. Like right now I can pay 200k for it. That’s two WoW tokens.

1 Like

This one right here. Tying any power to it will end badly.

3 Likes

Its stupid that you can buy BIS gear just off the market. You shouldnt be able to just get the best gear across the board in the manner that is present in game at the moment. And CERTAINLY not to the extent. There shouldnt be a flood of BIS gear just sitting in market. BIS gear should be rare and at least remotely difficult to get

And take all the fun out of it.

I do not want 4 copy paste abilities and 12 copy paste soulbinds and X copy paste legendaries.

1 Like

Why though? Because some players will be more powerful than others? MMOs have always been like that.

Yeah, and that’s a garbage situation. Why would you want that for Covenants as well?

Considering Blizzards track records with Legiondaries, Azerite Traits/Essences and Corruptions, wouldn’t you prefer a system that allows you to avoid being locked into a Covenant which is clearly inferior, but Blizzard keeps it bad the entire expansion?

Yeah I know, I sell it.

Though that doesn’t exactly support your argument does it? “Heroic is literally so easy that groups can carry 3-5 people who are literally contributing nothing” doesn’t paint Heroic Raiding as some insane challenge that demands perfect optimization.

The simple fact is, you have always been able to get away with sub-optimal choices in easy content. But WoW as a game has never locked you into those sub-optimal choices.

You wanted to Shaman tank a normal ICC boss? Sure go for it, the content is a joke. But to go from Shaman Tank to Shaman DPS or Shaman Healer never required more than some extra items in your bag or a visit to the class trainer.

1 Like

No, instead your 2 viable legendaries are on opposite covenant, and you better pick if you’re going to tank, dps, or heal, and which style you’ll play in m+, pvp, or raids, because one covenant will not be good for all.

It’s going to be a mess, those things shouldn’t be tied to covenants.

Remember getting the wrong legendaries in legion?

5 Likes

And now we return to the issue at hand. WoW has two sets of players. Casual and Hardcore. If we tie power to covenants we go back to BFA gear. And that was horrendous. I really REALLY think they need to rethink it all through for everyone

Some legendaries were required for mage tower. If you didn’t have them, you didn’t clear it.

Imagine if you miss out on torghast because of a cosmetic covenant choice.

If you like this idea, unequip your necklace and go play in bfa.

5 Likes

What I’m saying is, if the content is SO easy, why are less than 40% of the players clearing said content?

Why are there still guilds getting ahead of the curve super late into the game?

Maybe because not everyone is a hardcore raider. A majority of the players are not. So making a change to a system because players, most of them hardcore or the ones who I have seen on threads who try to discredit others for lack of mythic+ and mythic raiding, say so is dumb.

A minority of the playerbase should not be able to completely control the conversation over an entire expansion feature because one aspect of said feature may not be up to their standards.

1 Like

They have also said story missions will be tied to Torghast