They should remove level scaling

this seems like, extremely out of the ordinary. From my experience leveling 5 or so chars in the last few years nothing even remotely like this has happened. I’m not saying it isn’t possible or anything but, theres gotta be something really wonky going on here.

this is the 3rd character i made in the last 2 weeks and got to around 20 with and hit an impossible wall.

The problem with scaling is you ARE supposed to be able to outlevel areas, and as of now, you cant. You just dont get stronger, and cant take the formerly outlevelable mobs and minibosses anymore.

1 Like

I agree, it seems like Ill only be able to start doing ANYTHING once i magically get past 30 somehow, and can then go back and do stuff in the level x-30 areas. Which, is a whole big pile of everything i cant stand lol they must really want everyone buying the tokens instead.

Dungeon it. Go to Chromie, use chromie time to pick your favorite dungeons, level up. This actually also does help with overcoming the weirdness, if you pick LK on, the older areas seem far easier to live thru.

thats not for me. the only thing i ever enjoyed in wow was pve grinding, questing, and rp. None of those are possible for me to do them the way i like to, when the game forces me to either rush 60 eyes closed, or die every 2 seconds. Ive tried to do dungeons. I get that theyre fun for other people, but for me it just means waiting for 6 hours to find a group, and then something goes wrong half way through and people leave and its over. rinse and repeat. Sorry, im not trying to be a downer, i guess this just isnt for me anymore.

Op,yup that happens once you reach 56 the secondary stats beginning to change and heirloom gear starts to become useless .

mmm ive leveled up most classes and specs, its a total faceroll, just dont pull more than your capable of and use your class utility and spells.

This.

Something’s not adding up. Soon as a 48 returns to present time, the rest of the world scales down. Not to call you a liar but 60s can’t die (nor join your timeline) to level 30 wolves capable of being 1 shot by even a basic 48.

Unless there was Horde nearby (I’m assuming you’re Alliance), or you were Horde getting ganked by SW guards…no way a 60 was getting nuked by level 30 wolves, unless they just weren’t attacking, and allowed the wolves, to eat at them.

1 Like

oh, that was supposed to say 30, my bad, they were the max level for the area i was in.

Oh, so the “60” is now a 30?

The bad part its not even the level scaling its the item scaling too. Whats worse in when you hit max with crap quest gear and now everything rocks you

4 Likes

It was a typo. they were the max level for where i was and i typed 60 accidentally. My sincerest apologies.

I think this would be a step-back in my opinion.

OK, so that’s where the something wasn’t adding up. That being said, I have a love/hate relationship with level scaling. I like how I can immediately jump right into WoD without being forced through 5 different expansions, but I hate how as a 48+, you need a lowbie to que for Classic dungeons, to which it scales you down, lower than even 47, and you don’t have all of your abilities, for it, either.

1 Like

Yeah, I get the appeal of it, it just takes away some of what I like about leveling. But ill get over it lol

No they should just make it opt out for old expansions.

1 Like

This is not how levelling dungeons work anymore. You should be able to queue up in the Dungeon Finder and be put in a group automatically in 5-20 minutes, depending on your role and the expansion you’re playing. And most levelling dungeons are fairly easy; I have never had a group disband and not complete a levelling dungeon due to something going wrong.

This is a real issue. Even around level 55, it starts to feel like I’m playing Classic again. Pull a mob, do your rotation, pray a second mob does not walk by. Second mob shows up, pop cooldowns and utility spells, or maybe a cc. Third mob shows up, RUN. Unless you are a class that has no mobility, in which case, surrender and wait for sweet death to claim you.

3 Likes

Wanders about Durotar looking for the lvl 60 mobs that i canʻt outlevel.