They promised more pvp adjustments

Again, not sure why they write “we will be making adjustments in the near future” when they never do.

I can change the game dramatically for pvp and PVE in two changes. Nerf Destro and Nerf DH and this would be a dynamically different game. You may actually see SOME comp/PVE diversity.

1 Like

Forums: nerf destro

Ion: want more corruption? It’s dangerous to go alone, take this cloak.

Chris K: nerf feral, add more pvp trinket on uses.

Holinka: :grimacing: I’m sorry friends… cya in Shadowlands.

7 Likes

I get the feeling “making changes in the near future” was referring to the hotfixes they were adding with reset. It’s just the way they chose to word it was able to give you false hope of “more changes” on top of those.

I cant find the language, but it was worded in a way to made me think they were specifically going to make more PVP changes…I will look when i get home.

Nerfing DH and Destro wouldn’t give us more comp variety, though. I feel like it would just be 70% Rogue Mage at that point, lol.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/class-balance-changes-%E2%80%93-february-25-2020/449864

We’re working on a series of hotfixes to adjust class balance. We currently plan to implement the following changes with weekly maintenance (the morning of February 25 in this region):

Pretty sure he was just referring to those changes being put it.

At least those die.

Some folks still hanging on for change. That’s adorable. Anyhoo, the proposed changes were actually leaked just FYI:

1. Kul Tiras shark randomly comes alive and eats closest player.
  2. Poor transmog results in increasing corruption ticks
  3. Nagrand arena now entirely underwater
  4. Dampening has been reworked. Healing effects now increase instead of decrease over time. At the end of one hour, all remaining players will receive a $10 Olive Garden gift card.
7 Likes

You say that like they flop, lol. I’ve seen them dampen cleaves still since they can run away and reset more than any other comp.

Not that I disagree with further Destro tuning, but if Destro/DH is the only tuning that they do? Rogue/Mage is still the most popular pairing as it is right now starting at 2k all the way up to 2.5k (where MW strangely gets the #1 spot).

Need more general across the board changes.

I would love to see:

• Fire Blast / Combust be put onto the GCD, Gpyro given a 6 second cooldown.
  • Kidney shot changed to a 45 second cooldown, feint changed to 30 seconds, vial changed to 1-2 mins
  • DH Leech nerfed 50% in arena. Blur can no longer proc dodges when attacks from behind
  • Destro chaos bolt damage reduced by 20%, Demon Skin absorb reduced 50%
  • Ret / WW / Arms / DK / DH / Sin damage brought down 10-15%
  • MW cocoon absorb nerfed 30-50% in PvP
  • Hpal bonus healing on divine favor nerfed 30-50%
  • Rdruid SoTF big regrowth nerfed 30-50%

I think those are the biggest outliers still in arena as far as healing, defensives, and dps are concerned.

Then increase all damage by 100% and healing from healing spells by 100%

Hmm combust and fire blast on GCD would inherently break fire in both PvP and PvE as in not bad, that it just wouldn’t function because the entire class design has been around that for multiple expansions.

Now nerfing fire blast damage and moving that into fireball and pyro I can get behind.

These changes just makes me think that you are just frustrated and wanting to completely over nerf things. Like nerfing kidney to 45 and then gutting their self healing on top makes no sense. Rogues should have great CC and damage, but they currently are way too tanky and should be nerfed in that area.

Giving classes actual strengths and weaknesses ultimately makes pvp better.

1 Like

Just increasing damage and healing done by actual healing spells would probably fix a lot of the stuff you mentioned.

Obviously they wouldn’t address every single of one of those, im just outlining which parts of the toolkits feel broken. A few tweaks from each category might be all it takes to bring certain specs in line.

Specifically fire though. I would prefer to see fireball sustain come up, fire blast damage go up, but be put on GCD. As it is now mage can get out 4 heavy damage abilities (combust, fb, fb, pyro, fb) by spamming a cast sequence macro and having all dump in 1 second. Purging combust at that point is kind of moot because the majority of the damage was already dumped as soon as combust went up.

This would have to be a PvP only nerf. Would affect PvE too much.

Ya of course, specifically PvP changes. I think the sustain / burst of those classes are quite a bit higher then the rest of the specs right now besides mage/destro