Class Balance Changes – February 25, 2020

We’re working on a series of hotfixes to adjust class balance. We currently plan to implement the following changes with weekly maintenance (the morning of February 25 in this region):

Classes

• Druid

• Restoration

• Rejuvenation now costs 10% base mana (from 10.5%).

• Efflorescence now costs 17% base mana (from 21.6%).

• Tranquility direct healing increased 11%.

• Developers’ notes: These changes should improve Restoration Druid’s raid healing output, without much impact to their already strong capabilities in dungeons and Arenas.
  • Hunter

• Marksmanship

• Damage of all abilities increased by 5%.
  • Monk

• Windwalker

• Damage of all abilities increased by 5%. Damage unchanged in PvP.
  • Mage

• Frost

• Shaman

• Enhancement

• Damage of all abilities increased by 3%.
  • Warlock

• Demonology

Player vs. Player

• Tank Specializations

• Tank specialization player characters now take an additional 50% damage from enemy players (was 40%).
  • Death Knight

• Unholy, Frost

• Death Strike now heals for 30% of damage taken when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 40%).
    • Death Strike now heals for a minimum of 5% of maximum health when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 10%).
  • Blood

• Death Strike now heals for 19% of damage taken when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 25%).
    • Death Strike now heals for a minimum of 3.5% of maximum health when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 7%).
  • Mage

• Frost

• Ice Barrier now absorbs 40% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Fire

• Blazing Barrier now absorbs 40% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Arcane

• Prismatic Barrier now absorbs 40% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Warlock

• Affliction, Destruction

• Demon Armor now increases Stamina by 5% (was 10%).
    • Demon Armor now increases Armor by 90% (was 150%).
10 Likes

Nothing about the pyro fire mage one shotting 460k health characters in the nerfs I see?

25 Likes

Shadow ST buffs???

8 Likes

No Fire Mage nerfs?

14 Likes

Rogue remains the perfect class that never needs tuning.

8 Likes

So you nuke my self healing, but not Guardian’s. Great thanks.

23 Likes

No DH buffs?!
/hides

3 Likes

so we still gonna leave rogues languishing behind hybrid dps classes I guess

Um hello Balance druid buffs? or did yall forget they exist still cause none of the blizzard staff plays them. Also the double down on Tank PVP is ridiculous considering corruption provides more damage than someone can mitigate.

2 Likes

Poor shamans.

Every other class receiving buffs gets +5% damage but enhancement only gets +3%.

25 Likes

For real?.. guys!! Sub rogue! remember the real rogue spec?.. at least some dmg dont you think? I mean, I know assasin is buffed cuz u want ppl to play it… but u are forcing us to play that spec!! not giving us the choice if u want to do enough dmg with 4 fingers…

3 Likes

They straight up don’t know what to do with Sub after M Zul - so they put it in the ‘too hard, fix in shadowlands’ basket.

6 Likes

So have you forgotten that you are undoing the survival/healing changes that were put in for dk in 8.1 regarding self healing? While rogues and dhs still have not been touched? Why is a dh leeching for millions in your average 3v3 game doing a regular dps rotation okay? RMX is still strong, but if you are trying to nerf DH DK cleaves for lower rating, why is DH constantly just untouched?

Also every time dk gets a pve buff, it also gets a matching pvp nerf. That doesn’t seem to happen much for any other class.

31 Likes

But I heard demon hunters were soooo OP?

No they arent lol

1 Like

Still no greater pyro nerf lol you guys have nerfed everything but that. Should have been added to the list

8 Likes

Demon armor nerfed… Why blizzard keep insisted that warlock have no mobility because they are tanky but keep making us less tanky…

14 Likes

This is a joke right you nerfed demon armor for affliction… like what. Are you even paying attention. There are no aff locks in pvp. How could you even get data saying this needed to happen to aff… blizzard seriously this had to be a joke.

22 Likes

What data is being used to make these changes? Does anyone out there find any of these changes relevant?

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for the 3% buff to Enh Shamans.

However… are you kidding me? 3%?..Really? Everyone else gets 5%, and we get…3%?...

Give me one moment to put on some lipstick. Because I want to look pretty, before i get *&%@ed.

18 Likes