They Listened!

Good point about the WPVP.

I too am an Avid WPVPer. They do seem to beginning to care about WPVP again, with the boxes, the events, the titles, the achievements. Hopefully they will apply the system there for the same reason.

BFA got 1 thing right WPvP, thats for sure. Every patch has offered something new and fun for WPvP and its been great and refreshing.

I do wish, they would give us more though.

Allaince Slayer has been alot of fun, getting it on every toon. But 10 kills is rather low, we could go longer. CTA is cool, but if I group with my peeps 25 die in 5 mins, Longer, Harder, goals would be cool as well.

Servant was a step in the right direction. Definitely higher difficulty than AS/HS, depending on your luck and server population. Thats as long as you donā€™t cheese it. Which alot did, but I didnā€™t for myself I fought hard for servant and it makes it that much better.

1 Like

I donā€™t like WPVP but I definitely donā€™t want it ruined for people that do. Just wish PvE players would offer us the same courtesy.

2 Likes

I appreciate the fact that you donā€™t want to see WPVP ruined in the process - even if you donā€™t like it. That says a lot about your character.

What I like to do in WPVP is defend people who are getting jumped. Iā€™d like to think that thereā€™s at least a wee bit of honour in that.

Thanks for your time,

Barespanks

1 Like

I remember standing near the training dummies by the Ashran entrance and seeing players complain how wod pvp was the worst! Theyā€™d say things like ā€œpvp canā€™t possibly get worse next expansionā€.

I giggle when I see posts like this now because Iā€™ve been seeing them since 2005 and the pvp always gets subjectively worse.

What I remember is people just hating Ashran mostly. They were upset it had to be done to get their BiS trinkets. Thereā€™s a theme here: People hate being forced to do content they donā€™t like. In BfA you are forced to PvE for BiS and guess whatā€¦people hate it.

3 Likes

Iā€™m confident improvements are coming to the PvP gearing system we currently have in SL beta. But that being said, I donā€™t think its right to assume all of your PvP gear is going to come from the new PvP gearing updates.

Players are still going to be encouraged to play PvE content to get BIS PvP gear. Maybe not as extreme as BFA, but there will still be a noticeable overlap between PvP and PvE content. It unlocks game depth and full exposure to available content. It also reduces alienation between PvP and PvE players, getting an ongoing mix between player bases.

This statement backs up my thinking. So does Legion and BFA. An overall mixing of PvE and PvP are good things for WoW as a whole.

I forwarded this post to my boss.

It will reduce alienation, when it is reciprocated.

Doing some Random BGs for an Essence is not reciprocated.

Having a few Items being BIS from PVP is fine, as is Ions 10% power gap, for excelling at all games modes. When PVP is included. Put some BIS items behind 2400 rating for PVE players too then.

Whats good for the goose right? Right now its only PVPers that are expected to PVE, not vice versa.

Except everyone that pushes this agenda is not okay with that. Your okay forcing PVPers to be Mythic Raiders, but not okay with Forcing Mythic Raiders to be Gladiators.

This is the Exact definition of Alienating the PVP players.

5 Likes

I hate feeling like PVE is the best way to gear for PVP. Hate it.

1-3 pieces from PVE for BiSā€¦fine by me.

But BiS is something I wonā€™t likely see anyway.

What I want is for PVP to be the absolute best way to gear up for PVP. If M+/raids/WQā€™s gives gear that is better for PVP and/or acquired faster than doing PVP, theyā€™ve failed.

2 Likes

The two stand out WORST expansions for PVP gear in WoWā€™s history.

3 Likes

Elite gear pre mop

Plus two years.

BFA has shown that Blizzard is ok releasing an expansion even though it still has major issues, and then theyā€™ll just fix stuff live.

1 Like

Apologiesā€¦ itā€™s been a long time since then. Do you mean to say that ā€œElite gearā€ pre mop was an iLvl increase locked behind rating, or was ā€œElite gearā€ more of a vanity upgrade? All I really recall is that:

1. You had crafted BG gear as your base
  2. You farmed honor gear from BGs
  3. You farmed conquest gear from rated PVP content; the higher your rating, the more CP you got per win - the faster you got your conquest gear

Whether or not there were other tiers/upgrades beyond conquest gear, I donā€™t really recall. At any rate, the system worked IMO.

Thanks for your time,

Barespanks

I think someone spamming casual content having the same gear as someone pushing 2400+ diminishes the value of pushing 2400+

If a heroic raider had the same ilvl as a mythic raider, I wouldnā€™t think thatā€™s fair

i think wrath and cata had elite weapons that were pure upgrades. the rest of the set was cosmetic. really a bigger deal for us drooling melee players

1 Like

So, people push 2400 just for gear?

Also, 2400 players got the gear way before I did in WoD, and I really only got the set right before the season ended.

Me having the BiS gear in WoD from enjoying myself in BGā€™s, did that cheapen achieving 2400? I doubt I will ever be a 2400 player, so I wouldnā€™t know, but I wonder what other high end PVPā€™ers think of this.

It will be a shame if I, who enjoys playing BGā€™s every night will have worse gear than a PVE player who never does PVP, because I will be hard stuck at 190 gear.

4 Likes

And s15 for MoP was the last season that the elite weps did more dps. Was great for melee players back then. RIP

No, but I do believe there should be item level gaps between a 2400+ player and a 0 rated player, simply on principle. As I said earlier, a mythic raider should have better gear than a LFR raider.

That said, I do see the fault that pve content becomes increasingly easier over time while pvp does not, so I do believe that throughout the patch, pvp max item levels should be increased to compensate. As an example, in month 1-2, casual pvp offers normal-level gear.
In month 3-4, an additional upgrade becomes available to raise the item lvl to heroic quality gear.
4-5, mythic. However, there should still be some limitations. Some gear pieces should be gated by rating. As an example, to get mythic level shoulders, you need to be 1800+. Helm, 2100+. Chest, 2200+. Weapon / tabard, 2400+. (This has transmog / elite gear set implications as well)

Something like that, I think, would be fairly reasonable.

2 Likes

Well, they do have a gap, right up until the final week of a season basically. But I hear you.

LFR => Mythic is not really a fair comparison, because for me (the BG hero) the content scales up as everyone else gets gear, but my gear does not. (edit: sorry i missed that you said this already haha)

LFR players eventually get all the gear they need to move on to the next level.

It also really felt good knowing that all the gear these early gladiator conquest monsters have could be mine eventually too. I really enjoyed having conquest gear I could slowly earn over the course of a season.

I wouldnā€™t mind if some special things were behind rating though as it was before WoD.

I also donā€™t want a system built around a casual PVPā€™er like me if it felt bad for those who excel in PVP.

3 Likes

Yes I said that 2x in my earlier posts. I agree with it.

There are many more casuals than hardcore pvpā€™ers, and itā€™s not fair that a casual pvpā€™er should have less of an ilvl than a casual raider (AOTC four months into a patch is casual no matter what anyone may try to tell you. In reality, if you donā€™t have aotc within the first two weeks (barring severe raid imbalances), youā€™re probably not a very hardcore raiding guild).

So I do think it reasonable for bg/skirmish gear to be periodically upgraded in ilvl throughout a patch.

Just a few gear pieces should be gated, however.

Aesthetic 100% gated

2 Likes