They flat out lied about Plunderstorm Renown

In the WowCast they cleary started that it should be a level of renown every 4 - 5 runs and that the 40 levels of garbage should be easy to move through. This is completely false. Yes I know you have to collect treasure and have be doing so and it is clearly not worth the time investment. Another gripe is the constant having to hit an attack button. This is wow NOT diablo. Im sorry but I am very not impressed with this at all.

Exact quote:

“there are 40 renown levels that you can get with Keg Legs crew which seems like a lot but your going to zip through them pretty quickly. We want this to feel super super rewarding so expect to get a renown level every 4-5 matches. At least a renown level a day for even the casual gamer.”

10:00 in to the video
youtu.be/aGzoCJOzOHI

143 Likes

I’m guessing they meant winning runs because I can’t even reach renown 3. It’s like I’m not progressing at all.

68 Likes

Just did a match where I got jumped right off the bat and got 14 rep LOL. What a joke!

56 Likes

No… you can’t make meaningful progress without dedicating all your WoW time to this… so screw it… I’m fine with knowing I won’t be getting this stuff…

50 Likes

Correct. With roughly half of the players being dead in a matter of seconds, there’s no way the average player is getting 500-625 renown per match. Hell, I normally end up surviving to around player 10-15 or so, gathering all the gold I can on the way, doing the quest whenever I can…and I average 300-450…meaning even for me it’s about 6-8 matches per renown level.

29 Likes

I’ve done games for a few hours now. Most of the time I make it with 15-20 players left and I average about 400-500 plunder a match. Somehow, I’m still only rank 4…

23 Likes

Yeah, I’m barely rank 5 after a couple hours of this BS. I’ll probably farm rank 10 for the underwater mount…then never log in to this BS again.

15 Likes

I managed to get to renown 6, but that’s after like 40 matches of varying degrees of success. Nowhere near winning any of them.

The game definitely incentivizes you to actively avoid players and just farm mobs for plunder, since that translates into renown rep. Killing players doesn’t reward any plunder/rep, just xp for leveling up and whatever abilities they may have.

Even then, the 4-5 matches per renown level is questionable. You get nowhere near enough plunder to do that.

16 Likes

I just placed 30th on a match but collected 580+ plunder. If I do that every match, that’s a renown level in 4-5 matches.

1 Like

Erm… actually it’s plunderstorm. Play it or don’t; I think it is fun :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Thats the way to think and fight FOMO except you will miss out and enjoy the things you can get and work towards! You cant get it all!

Don’t worry. You won’t.

Has to be a fix coming, I get the whole “oh you have to actively play and objectives to get the rewards”. Sure but renown is a rep grind, for a limited time event. How can you make a limited time event, something to be fun, and put one of the least fun aspects of WoW into it?

15 Likes

MMO players like that stuff.

1 Like

What are they going to fix? If anything, they’ll add plunder to the PVP aspect of it. In fact, I kinda hope they do, just for the drama.

Yeah, I found a pretty efficient farming path that I pretty much use every match. Get my 500ish plunder and if I’m still alive I jump into the storm to keep anyone else from taking my stuff

Almost rank 7 now.

4 Likes

Careful. Next thing you know you’ll find people reporting you for that.

1 Like

I still don’t know what quest people are talking about. I’ve never seen one.

4 Likes

It’s whenever you land…“kill 10 creatures” “kill 2 elites” “loot 2 chests” etc.

2 Likes

It’s a WQ where you WQs normally are listed on the right side of your screen

1 Like