These tank nerfs are terrible top to bottom

Thing is i see brews trying to pull whole rooms too but they aren’t good at it and dps get all the agro and die–depending on ilvl. Tanks are suppose to hold agro while dps kill mobs not run the whole dungeon and do whatever they please as everyone else dies in the group. ENJOY THE NERFS tanks. And if these nerfs aren’t enough more will come. BTW I play a tank myself and what I’m seeing some tanks do now is idiotic.

4 Likes

We’ll see how the numbers look once M+ opens up. Probably going to need some damage nerfs as well.

Supposed to be tanks, not magical flying DPS that can’t be killed. Game play is devolving to tanks just running off at warp speed with no care in the world if the healer or DPS pull aggro on the first five packs they ran past.

1 Like

umm, its quite common to pull even epics with no tank.

case of av its now 3 tower at least, full 4 advised, and now you divvy up the healz. 2 top plate dps…get their pocket healz. take and hold rh gy’s and its release out and come back in.

hell many a time in ashran on say a kill commander run you have hunter pull the boss with pet.

you jsut need them closer to the zerg and now you can ping pong the agro even.

IOC doesn’t “need” tank either. enough points difference you can ping pong the boss till dead.

Ping pong aggro is only really an issue in tight matches. when cap addon is showing 3% difference that is when you really need a tank to stop the boss from bouncing around as much. in IOC and other side still at 50% and you are on boss you have time for days to deal with ping pong boss, any attempt to turtle the boss, etc.

Can’t have a queue if there’s nobody playing, right?
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

This is a player behavior problem though.

Personally, I disagree with these being awful changes. Tanks in PvP, and in PvE, as a whole are severely overpowered, I’ve had times where I am able to just AFK during boss fights, and 1v5+ players in BGs as a Protection Warrior without doing much more than press 4 buttons the entire time, other than the random use of a charge/shield charge just to get to a target quicker.

1 Like

Tanks being invincible is a bad thing. It makes for really bad and boring gameplay.

5 Likes

Some people clearly don’t want the game to be a challenge.

1 Like

tanks need to be nerfed into oblivion so they stop being such divas. blizz please double the damage taken in pve content for tanks.

1 Like

so funny that peoplo eare actually trying to convince others that tanks didnt need to be nerfed lmfao

5 Likes

yeah that’ll tend to happen if dps don’t wait for the tank to actually group the mobs. if i’m still running, don’t blow all your cds just yet.

They did for a while. People stopped playing them.

Tanks are currently broken, it is absolutely needed. As a healer main I barley have to actually heal tanks. Not fun and bad for the health of the expansion.

5 Likes

Doesnt benefit pvp makes it awful in fact, by top to bottom he means pvp too the very much needed nerfs, the pve side is laughable at best sept poor brewmaster.

Yeah and the behaviour was caused by Tanks being over powered and able to survive whole encounters in Dungeons solo

If they didn’t abuse it the nerf probably wouldn’t of happened it’s their own fault

Tanks needed adjusting, sure, but a flat damage increase is pure laziness. Prot Paladins and Brewmasters aren’t the same and don’t need to be balanced like they are.

Also, why are they doing adjustments based on two weeks of M0 when they, apparently, didn’t have a problem with the way tanks were performing in keys on beta?

1 Like

These numbers… what? lol

2 Likes

Funny thing, protection warrior is the tank the least impacted by this. They weren’t even using Defensive Stance from what I have been watching (in order to do more damage), so for most of the top players it’s a 5% increase in damage taken versus 10% other classes.

In comparison, Guardian Druid’s 10% DR was stripped from a mandatory talent (the class doesn’t even work without it as you can’t even use Moonfire in bear form if you do not take that talent).

The difference between some tank specs is that some have a dedicated developer while others are thrown around like a dirty towel that no one wants to touch.

“Stop, he’s already dead!”

Nothing here but us chickens