These heroic dungeons are a joke

Didn’t people say they were difficult?

We steamroll these as if they’re normal dungeons.

5 Likes

These are the post nerf ones, the original cata release difficulties were above that of TBC heroics and just didn’t work for a large percentage of the player base.

13 Likes

People said they were difficult when first released during OG Cata.

You are running the nerf’d ones now and this should make it easier for you to gear up for raids.

/flip to all the folks who said “cant wait for Cata, now those dungeons were difficult” lol

2 Likes

I didn’t ask for them to be easier.

2 Likes

To be fair, they are harder than basic wrath heroics. However the bar for that is really really low.

Few did I bet, however this is the better outcome. I wanna have my progression be raids, not overtuned heroic bosses.

1 Like

Go to retail instead of a 14 year old figured out version of the game if you want difficult content.

13 Likes

That has nothing to do with anything in this thread.

Thanks.

3 Likes

It’s ok, everyone’s misinformed now and then.

It does.

Thanks.

2 Likes

The current heroic dungeon feel more like the original Normal dungeon of Cataclysm even post-nerf, the issue is we have 4.3 class buff and a post nerf, I believe we even got double nerfed dungeons, from the pre patch of MOP at this point but I’m not sure.

It feels insanely easy no need to CC or anything the mobs dies in 5 seconds in normal dungeon its truly a let down, there is NO WAY its because (People were bad back then) the mobs just clearly are under tune to the extreme.

2 Likes

It doesn’t.

Nobody said anything about what they prefer.

We’re talking about how people said they were difficult when in fact they aren’t difficult. That has nothing to do with what somebody might prefer.

Understand?

4 Likes

They felt difficult as a healer in fresh leveling gear in a pug. Mostly cuz absolutely no one waits for you to drink so every pull is at quarter mana. They were never going to be a challenge to retail players that can time higher level keys lol.

2 Likes

To be fair, the player base is much better than it was in 2011. I don’t think the pre nerf dungeons would be too difficult now.

3 Likes

They would likely go over a bit better with the current player base, however they were scaled beyond what heroics should have been per their own words.

It was less of a “easier with gear” and more of a “gear helps kind of but these bosses and trash are just over tuned” it was just too much for the average player base. Less of a headache this time around is probably better.

3 Likes

Congrats, you’ve completed 13 year old content that was once hard but due to more experience is much easier.

1 Like

Then why were people saying it was going to be hard?

In the original Cata launch they were very hard. A lot of things that deal 25-50% damage in these ones would have been one shots originally. Grim Batol was notoriously difficult on normal and heroic.

The main problem was that they were so hard no one did them. The normal difficulty raids were full on easier than the heroics. And you needed to do a full normal lockout first. So people would just gear up in normal raids to do heroic raids.

And it really was the same way in Wrath. People really didn’t do gammas. They did their daily Forge of Souls. They wanted to make a game with content that people would actually do.

It sucks, but it makes sense why they went this way.

2 Likes

We still don’t know what the 5 man system in Cata is going to be. They haven’t released any details about it but said it was coming after release. Might just be a raid catch up gamma clone that won’t come until phase 2. Might be a more interesting 5 man end-game system.

is this all dungeons? i was told cata dungeons
were hard hell this is easier than wrath