These guild raid schedules

I will be working by the time Phase 2 rolls around and my job will require me to be at work during the evening hours, probably 99% of all guilds list raid hours normally Tuesday through Friday evenings.

Is all this written in stone? does this mean I wont find raids in the morning or late at night? Am I forever doomed to solo or join a guild but can’t be part of the raiding core because of my work schedule?

I’m sure you can find a guild or there’s always the option to create one yourself. Plenty of people work third shift.

Most guilds will hit Tuesday because it is the same day of the reset. It ensures that you will have your team there and working together (if they want to raid). If you do not schedule your raid on the first day, one of your teammates might be invited, and accept, another group’s invite (PuG), making it impossible to maintain a stable team. It is also very likely you group will simply fall apart.

It’s not written in stone BUT a large majority of guilds are going to be based around after close of business hours. If you’re serious about wanting to raid I’d start shopping for a guild that’ll be raiding on off-time hours now.

One option is to create your characters on oceanic realms. The oceanic realm time difference will mean that their evening raids will be your morning, so you can wake up and raid if that’s your main goal.

thanks for the advice!

I joined a sat/sun guild for that reason… while my work is generally 8-6, it can be unpredictable and I guess I am a bit tired of work -> raid -> sleep during the weekdays… and any of my social activities are after work on weekdays, so this just frees up everything.

Hurricane (Alliance) on Grobbulus has a weekend raid group that’s almost full, but there are spots left if the schedule fits and you want to check us out.

Most likely you will find a guild that has similar times for you. You could also considered a AUS guild/server. Aussie’s and NZ’ers are hilarious, good blokes and folks to guild with.

If you are East coast then you can roll on West coast servers and that gives you 3 hours leeway. Also if you are late night east coast still has a decent late night OCE presence, I have always found them to be more competent than US players despite their increased lag.