These Blue quotes about Alterec Valley, facepalm

It’s not about honor or rep…

It’s about the amazing, epic battles

It’s about the fun and memories it creates

6 Likes

you have original AV on retail and people zerg to win to get currency to buy the mount. play it if you don’t believe me. it’s there for you. all you have to do is install retail and level to 10 to queue.

3 Likes

Wow classic PvP players don’t actually care about anything but honor.

5 Likes

I was hoping for the oringal AV. That would be been a true classic experience. Unfortunatley we spent money to get a half assed product. Oh well, that’s fine. We’ll move on.

4 Likes

Ok 101 DH. 10char

Bfa classes, spells, crap level scaling and legendaries make it that way in bfa.

3 Likes

do you think the fact i don’t have death coil in retail somehow causes the zerg to happen? it has nothing to do with classes or spells. it’s the player base. it should be really obvious to you guys at this point a lot of people playing classic also play retail. and it’s meta to win as quickly as possible to get max rewards per hour.

4 Likes

The issue is everyone sees themselves as a pro gamer. To follow metas is to be a sheep and not explore the fun in the game. Goes to show how blizz game model has ruined the new generation of mmo players with the m+ bullcrap.

6 Likes

most players don’t want to turtle and spend 3 hours in an AV. horde isn’t even bothering to turtle when if they turtle they win most of the time. they just let alliance zerg because they get more honor from it. the entire horde player base on classic gave up. it’s only about honor per hour for these people. it’s not about fun anymore. it’s entirely about getting max rewards. there’s not enough actual vanilla players wanting to smell the roses to make old style AV work.

3 Likes

If the forums represented a true majority of players, the game would have gone offline years ago.

Many people prefer the old AV; many prefer the new AV. The version we got for Classic is right from the Vanilla patch reference client, 1.12, when AV was substantially and materially changed from what it was.

5 Likes

Horde are upset they are losing. They should just reroll Alliance and they will win the majority of games.

1 Like

Clowns like you won’t be in there after a week. You just want your rep items. So your opinion is moot. No “real” pvper is interested in this version. Hopefully after the min/max gimps clear out it will improved. That said, this isn’t the version that the community as a whole put their weight behind. That is very clear from the numerous posts that date back to March.

13 Likes

Hush, you have been out upvoted.

I prefer the old AV where EPIC battles were the thing. You have SOME people, definitely not the majority of player, who want the rest of the players to zerg drek/vann and ignore the PVP aspect of AV. Sorry but not sorry for wanting a good 30 min - 3 hour epic battles. I DON’T CARE for those who want to be exalted and reap all the rewards in week 1 just as much as they dont care for us pvpers.

6 Likes

See this is where you are wrong. Likes are an indicators of the general tendency of opinions.
Why do you think Facebook, Instagram are such powerful tools for companies? And also what do you think is the purpose of a poll?

I am not saying the majority is always right, I am just saying that counting the likes is a good start to get a feeling of what the majority think.

Well, it’s an indicia of how the majority of players posting on a given thread think. I wouldn’t extrapolate beyond that. Most players don’t even know about the forums, never visit them and don’t post.

There have only been two subjects that drew masses of players: Real ID Bnet and the ill-conceived effort to remove flight.

2 Likes

AV is a total mess, its not a battlegrounds its just a mindless easy rep and honor farm.
Winning doesnt matter, the only thing that matters is PVEing quickly for your points then /afk
Nobody actually want to play the game they only want their pixels

7 Likes

Imo if you want 2 minute BG’s go play retail.

5 Likes

Not on this forum.

On this forum, everything AND its opposite is complained about.

All advice from this forum can and should be ignored.

Most people want the old, true AVs. This is what attracted a lot of people from retail to classic. If you want short, quick honor - play WSG with a good group. AV’s were meant to be drawn out.

3 Likes