There's something very fishy about pet pvp que

Testing on 2 accounts is proving to me they have ‘limited’ access to pet pvp. Both accounts sit waiting in a que and neither has a match in over 5 minutes showing an avg. que of 1 minute.

What’s going on blizz? What are the rules of pet pvp and why is it NOT loading a match? Both accounts are unable to pet pvp.

So you are trying to win trades between two accounts?

No I wanted to see why the que timer was so borked. I’ve proved to myself, like in many other places of the game, throttles have been placed on content.

edit: I know I won’t get any official response here however the longer I delve into this the more apparent it is that there is either a throttle system disallowing access, a massive error in the matchmaking system<TURN IT OFF!, or just plain ol technical rot due to zero development effort.

Just curious, are you testing with 25 level teams?

Do you own both accounts and are doing this from the same place? It’s possible there’s some sort of IP check.

Blizzard doesn’t mind two pet battlers at same time coming from same IP long as they’re logged on from different Battle.net accounts. Could even both be using same PC.

They do prevent two different WoW accounts from both doing pet battles if they’re under the same Battle.net logon.

Thanks for that. It isn’t working that way though, I suspect an unposted known issue. I was using 2 different bnets accounts to test. Neither ever qued to the other despite an average timer showing under one minute and both accounts would be in que for extended periods of time as in +5 minutes simultaneously.

This occurred constantly who knows why? I don’t, but there is something fishy with the pet pvp que.

Edit: yep even further testing with many different combos is proof enough that the pet battle que is has unposted rules so there’s no way to spam pet pvp it locks you out when you win and it doesn’t match 2 different accounts.

Has anyone successfully qued with a friend when the average timer says less than a minute but then both accounts sit in 5+ minute ques? I’m certain of my analysis but would be glad to be proven wrong.

Quick experiment tonight, little after midnight Pacific Time, friend and I from two different realms, both with a team of level 25 pets, tried pet PvP at about same time. Got matched with each other in about 20 seconds.

Thanks for the info. may haps it has to do with the identical server, I’ll test that way and see, Thanks again.

Edit: Nope. I sure wish the rules for the various games were known, posted, instructions so we could figure out how to spend our time the way we want to in game.

The fact of the matter is I am quitting Feb. 1 anyway with over 3 years played on my main and after over 15 years, I say that so you can be assured I’ve sampled every niche this game has.

Maybe there is some kind of hidden elo system that tries to match up with “similar skills player” for some time before pairing with anyone available… ?

Guys its none of those things.

There are pet battle groups, if you fall into A and your other account is in B the two will NEVER be able to battle each other. A can only battle other As.

It is frustrating as heck as everyone got shuffled from their groups in WOD and since then I can almost never get paired with anyone, I am in a dead group. They seriously need to do away with these groups and let everyone be able to battle everyone.

2 Likes

Well it sounds like you know how it works and your explanation makes it worse than ever because the cause is sheer apathy on the part of blizz. Feb 1st can’t come fast enough for me. It will be so nice when this game becomes a memory.

1 Like