There will not be a timeskip after SL

I don’t think this tidbit got much attention when it first came out. I definitely missed it, and I’d like to thank Kynthios for alerting me to it.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316889/bellular-shadowlands-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-renown-covenant-swapping-tim

4 Likes

I figured as much, sadly. The story could really use more time padding to let things change.

Like from what we can tell, azerothian history has been relatively peaceful outside a few major conflicts until suddenly classic kicks off and its just war death and destruction with the world needing to be saved every year.

5 Likes

Poodoo.

Aw well. At least we know not to expect any zone updates.

1 Like

When was the last time Ion said anything that:

• made sense
  • actually panned out
  • wasn’t an outright lie

?

:pancakes:

22 Likes

This makes sense, all mentions of dilated time perception have referred to SL time as feeling faster, not slower. If anything we should feel like we’ve been there for weeks while it’s only a few minutes or days back on Azeroth…

3 Likes

Counterpoint: When was the last time he gave an unambiguous yes or no to anything?

1 Like

This is the most damning evidence we have.

I’m not sure why the idea of a time skip became so popular on the forums, maybe people just read others discuss it and then took it for fact? I’ve kept saying, time has only been shown to travel faster and if there were any time shenanigans, it would be like we were in Narnia.

5 Likes

Well sort of…Ardenweald is kinda Narnia if you think about it…

2 Likes

How is that? I’m not actually familiar with the story of Narnia, I only the the story of “The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe”.

Never trust a lawyer.

6 Likes

Well goat men, talking animals and nature spirits, Winter queen (just not as the antagonist in a weird twist), magical forest realm etc.

2 Likes

When you put it that way, I suppose the only thing missing is the allegorical Christ lion. I wonder if Rezan is close enough?

On topic, Ion could tell me the sky was blue and I would still suspect he is lying. (Just so he could say ‘haha, but it’s black at night! Didn’t see that coming did you!?’ In one of his many lame ‘twists’) Don’t take anything he says as 100% confirmation (or disconfirmation) of anything.

2 Likes

I think back in WoD regarding flying.

:pancakes:

Of course there wont be. People have been saying “a timeskip this time for sure!” since like MoP, and it never happens. It never will.

2 Likes

Yeah its similar to the idea of being “trapped on X place” for an expansion, which also never happens outside of the starting quests.

Honestly I never felt one was a prerequisite for revamping parts of Azeroth. This setting has both science fiction levels of technology and ya know, magic.

In BFA Stromgarde and Warfang are built, demolished and rebuilt within weeks. Hell in Drustvar the Goblins make a fully operational outpost in minutes with a series of gadgets.

Plus a lot of areas have just been unstuck in time for years so you could just say those changes happened offscreen during the various expansions.

2 Likes

He said no High Elves and if you wanted to play a pale skinned elf to roll Horde.

Then they added the Belf options to the Void Elves.

Aside from the goblin part, I would call Arathi being mostly gameplay mechanics :P.

He does often say “We will see” And has talked about Tyrande and sylvanas ALOT (Sylvanas isnt garrosh 2.0 etc)

When he said “We don’t want people playing demonology” in late WoD and then nerfed Demo straight into the ground so nobody would be playing it so they could gut the spec and give our entire toolkit to Demon Hunters in Legion and give us a low effort “rework”.

5 Likes