"There must always be a Lich King"

Not a major lore geek here, but she was never dominated by Jailor.

And yet we literally watched the Scourge run loose and rampage in the prelaunch and in the Kyrian campaign.

Yes, it’s true someone needs to control them.

Wondering this also. That’d be some weird mess walking through Plaguelands and the scourge are like “WELL, MET, TRAVELER!”

sorrywut

Fair point, he didn’t directly control her. Instead, he had the ‘good’ half of her soul captive and the other half convinced to serve him through self-interest and deceit, resulting in the same outcome.

What if that line was Zovaal’s plan to keep the crown in-tact for just the right moment? After all, he’s responsible for everything from Arthas to the current gas prices in New York.

He didn’t control her at all.
She had no idea he had her other half of the soul.
She made a deal with him. A bargain. It was a partnership. Whether or not it was a good one, now that’s whole another debate. But there was no controlling, or even blackmailing. This isn’t Fox news. Let’s stick to the things we know and not spin them out of control. K?

Technically the lich was just a pawn of the jailer. Nobody knew except for Sylvanas. NerZhul must have spoken or communed with the Jailer and not know about him before becoming the spirit of the lich king. I don’t like this idea, nobody likes this idea, it doesn’t make sense at all.

Frostmourne alone was created by the dreadlords. So there’s more to this than meets the eye. The concept of the First Ones was actually created during the warcraft 3 timeline though only briefly mentioned.

I feel the Ebon Blade has lost the finesse it once used to have. In Legion we were told that we would serve this new king for now only with suspicion. The Lich king was actually plotting something himself and said we would have to return the favor later down the line while we adventured in the Broken Isles.

I gotta admit when Bolvar was completely dominated by Sylvanas on the trailer I was baffled. He wasn’t supposed to be weak at all yet she danced around him like nothing and even broke the crown. That actually tore me apart inside.

There’s also one major fatal flaw in the art alone, and it’s that BOLVAR DOESNT USE ANY RUNES ON HIS RUNEBLADE. There is nothing on his hammer. A death knight is useless without his RUNEBLADE and would have to resort to becoming and arms warrior as a result.

The biggest flaw of the expansion thus far is that Sylvanas said she will set us all free but instead tried to do the complete opposite. That right there is what killed wow altogether that is the most wtf concept of all time.

1 Like

Don’t worry they forgot about it, just like the giant sword stuck in azeroth. What sword? What scourge? Just forget about them ok :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

She did his bidding. There’s no ‘spin’ in that observation, and there’s no need to become accusatory or defensive. Yeesh…

Bruh it’s make believe characters, chill out :roll_eyes:

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

New theory. Scourge and undead, minus us, all powered down after the Jailer switched off.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

No, it wasn’t.

It was said by the spirit of Arthus’s father.

And yet even with them being unknowingly controlled by Bolvar, the Alliance and Horde have not yet managed to wipe them out.

So I really don’t have a lot of confidence that they could manage against uncontrolled crazed scourge.

2 Likes

Spirit of a human = human NPC. Still human. Still NPC. Just in a spirit form. You’re being petty here.

No one even tried though. That was the whole point. Regain control. Keep it in check. So we dont have to blow resources on it.

If they all wanted to, they could have lined them up against the wall.

Well. They were. We had a pre launch of it and we had that angel quest.

1 Like

No.

I am being accurate.

And also both of you say ‘just’ like he is some rando with no real knowledge or experience in the matter when, in actual fact, he has both because he is in the sword.

Please direct me to where this is stated in-game because my impression has always been they do not have the manpower to take care of the threat and, if the scourge were set loose, it would be a mass casualty, if not apocalyptic, event due to that same lack of manpower.

Imagine Blizzard not answering the question - what happens when there is no Lich King?

Due to minimum wage stagnation, Bolvar was forced to work a second job.

Except no more are being made and they are capable of being killed.

So why would we need to control them and deal with them forever when we can just eradicate them and be done with them?

You’re talking about moving forward. We’re talking about why it was said and needed in the first place.

Yes, and I stand by that. It’s a flawed argument by the NPC.

If there is no lich king, eventually the scourge will be eradicated.

So always needing a lich king makes no sense.