There Are No ‘Beta Keys’ for WoW Classic

The most vocal nochangers on this forum have been tourists. Just skim any of my old threads. Almost all are level 120 characters.

they did say that in one of the interviews.

This is a streamer only beta.
Please buy the game.

Thank you

Every expac since about MoP, streamers have gotten first invites because it builds hype. And its working even when you post negative comments.

Yes i was on my way to come here and b!tch about how i didnt get a beta key. being an active subscriber since 2007 and not considered for beta classic. then i saw the opt in for classic. so here’s hoping i get to play beta. or do i have to be a youtube jockey to get first dibs still?

GLHF all

With classic comming so close, has anyone up in the management considered Rp-PVP servers all?

If you have not, maybe check here if you have any spare time #RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

None the less thank you for the update!

No. You can do the PTR with no sub.

I know I had opted in for beta but after I re-subbed I had to re-opt in. Well, here is hoping I get some beta access soon.

As for all of the rest, I wish you all good fortune in the wars to come

Hello Blizzard, I would like to test your Classic beta for bugs. Please provide me with a key. Good day.

Hopefully this may help others.
So I did not get an email, and did not see it on my account page. However, after restarting the battle.net launcher, if I click the drop down that lets you select the PTR, I had an entry for Wow Classic Beta.
Confirmed I was able to login.

So my suggestion to know for sure, is just check the battle.net launcher.

2 Likes

Grats Eadren :slight_smile:

Boooooo no beta invite. I wasted 120k gold on a resub for this… megafail.

What you all did with streamers regardless of the platform is equivalent to insider trading. Not only in game but also stock wise. You’ve now made the playing field completely uneven for people that are starting out or have been trying to get a good base. You had a chance to open the BETA before a stress test to more then the few people you flew into to test the game and again they already made videos and are getting that head start.
It would have been who of you to also make these people sign contracts saying they will not air or create content videos prior to the release of the game. This would have made it at least some what level for other people.

so i found a customer support saying “Again, we do, often a high percentage over the influencers and streamers who are invited. How long you have had a subscription is irrelevant, the invite system isn’t based on how long you have played” key word is irrelevant but according to your previous post you say “We will also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community” How about you give us a straight answer from the start instead of trying to make more money… have the decency

1 Like

I will admit, that is very shady. But I’d want you to provide a link to the first quote. We already know where the second quote is from, the first one to me seems weird. It could also be something they said previously, and then later contradicted with this Beta test.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/i-didnt-get-the-beta/173581 another i found

Insider Trading - the illegal practice of trading on the stock exchange to one’s own advantage through having access to confidential information. :thinking: Kind of what you all did with streamers.

It could be both:

Long subscription or account age may not translate to a beta invite; however, they may try to invite a wide distribution—focusing on getting some old, some new, some mid range accounts rather than favoring old accounts.

This means your account age is a factor, but it may still do nothing to get your foot in the door

Not true in another post by support the guy stated it was irrelevant and its total random, can’t keep their story straight.

Looking forward to the game and hoping I get into the beta! Will we receive an email about it or will it only pop up in the bnet launcher?