There’s an npc called A watchful raven in Oribos

It would be nice if all the plot threads that were laid down in Legion actually lead to somewhere cool.

I wonder if Kathra’natir is still being used as a battery pack to power Dalaran’s defenses. I really thought that Kathra’natir would have a much bigger role, connected to the Shadowlands.

4 Likes

So Medivh is back but he refuses to help us with our problems like he did back in WC3 because he’s got “a different destiny”? Like what, holding parties in Karazhan and pointedly not inviting Prince Malchezzar?

2 Likes

This is my insanely early prediction that Blizzard will reveal that Medivh has been super busy since his “death” during the First War, because he found a way into the Orderlands/Arcanelands, which ends up being super complicated to traverse so he gets kind of lost, and he only pops out every now and then to give some advice on Azeroth.

1 Like

I highly doubt that it’s Medivh if it’s flagged as Kirin Tor. Medivh hated the Kirin Tor. He set up shop as far south as he did because he wanted to get as far away from them as possible.

Although who knows maybe Blizzard forgot this because I’m convinced I’m part of an increasingly exclusive group of elderly people who read The Last Guardian.

2 Likes

I like it.

I think he’s literally playing 6D chess with every cosmic force in the universe on a literal chessboard and all the characters are just chess pieces on his board. Out of all the whacky things they could pull, I hope it’s ridiculous and involves Medivh and chess.

The writers have been making brazenly obvious chess allegories in both We ride Forth and many of their 9.1 Chains of Domination interviews. I have my tin foil hat on.

It’s probably Khadgar though.

2 Likes

100%, yeah. There’s no chance it’s Medivh; not with the Kirin Tor affiliation.

I’m just spouting my Medivh tinfoil while he’s a topic of discussion, so that there’s a 1% chance I’ll end up right and be able to necro this thread five years from now.

2 Likes

haha you and me both.

or it’s medivh masquerading as khadgar

2 Likes

Something something lord of ravens turning a key and maybe that’s why the jailer calls the sigils such? Or maybe just a fakeout to get players talking about those old god prophecies again, I dunno.

3 Likes

We have to help the Covenants to find themselves thus recreating the sigils. Elune recreated the Ardenweald sigil but the other 3 are another story.

Khadgar could help Revendreth restore it’s sigil and be the one to use it when we go to the Sepulcher(which is only accessed through the sigils) in order to stop the Jailer.

That leaves us with the other sigils to turn.

Plot twist: Khadgar shows up and we think it’s to stop Zovaal

BUT THEN HE OPENS THE SEPULCHER HIMSELF AS ZOVAAL WANTED

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

4 Likes

or it’s Khadgar masquerading as Medivh masquerading as Khadgar
or it’s medivh masquerading as Khadgar masquerading as Medivh masquerading as Khadgar
or it’s …

9 Likes

Its kind of impressive how easily elune fixed the entire ardenwaeld

Oh man! You missed out big time during the pre expansion patch :grin:

One of the best experiences ever. Also, yeah she wanted to focus the zkirin Tors efforts into fighting the HORDE over the Legion because she was in the mindset that the Legion invasion could be handled pretty easily while also fighting the Horde. Khadgar made the council vote and she was pissed that they mostly sided with Khadgar and just left because he vouched for the Horde.

We also took a trip to Karazhan and Ulduar. Was very neat :grin:

1 Like

Oh and to add on to this, maybe this will be like in WoD where whelpling Wrathion showed up at the end of the legendary quest line.

1 Like

IIRC she wasn’t interested in fighting the Horde so much as she didn’t want them returning to Dalaran, especially with Sylvanas in charge.

Khadgar got them invited back in and whoopsie turns out that not only was it the order halls that did everything but Sylvanas was using the Horde to serve literal Satan oopsie-doodle

1 Like

Sylvanas didn’t take advantage of Dalaran’s generosity but utterly ignored all neutral factions in regards to the war with the Alliance!

Sylvanas despite seeking to tear everything down was careful enough to not anger any Neutral Factions whatsoever unlike Garrosh who attempted to aggravate every Neutral Faction he could find out of sheer spite despite wanting to bring prosperity to the Horde.

The Horde gaining access to Dalaran didn’t have any effect on her plan whatsoever.

2 Likes

Given what she was in the Broken Isles to do and actively recruited from Dalaran to find players to assist her in that regard, I’d say it did.

1 Like

If Horde Players weren’t allowed in Dalaran she’d have recruited them even sooner and involved her army in the matter concerning Helya and Eyrir whereas before they were only sent to assist the Players in getting Stormheim’s Pillar of Creation not aid Sylvanas’s plan!

The capture of Eyrir would have become a certainty!

2 Likes

Yeah I was kinda busy when prepatch went live :pensive: I watched it from Youtube and seems it was nice! I love Karazhan and Dalaran

Well until now I didn’t think things that happened during prepatch were important. But now everyone can connect anything in Legion xpac to Sylvanas… according to the writers. Hahaha. sigh

I think I get it. You like Jaina :smirk: I mean, it’s hardly humiliation…
Then you probably didn’t like Jaina’s role in BfA.

Ah… how many characters and lores are tainted, just for one character.

1 Like