Theorycrafting solutions for XPOFF / XPON

For one thing, it wont be for hks against levelers, not easy ones anyways. If the stats are normalized, then you are at a relatively fair advantage to any of the levelers in the bg. All of the levelers in the brackets are there for the same thing, plus the experience gains. Its mindless as it is for leveling, and i dont feel it would change to much if templates were added for people who choose to pvp at a specific level and not gain exp. Then its just about the honor, which reaches its limits in usefulness way before it does at max level. If any of the levelers are against people wanting to turn off there exp at a specific bracket of pvp and pvp against levelers while also having equalized gear for the person who decides to turn their exp off. Cant even argue with someone who is so shallow. Having more options is great, but whether we get any leverage from this idea is something that remains to be seen. As for a template slider, that does sound cool. Ill add that as it is a nice way to customize. Idk i was just throwing in my 2 cents. My understanding is that the developers at blizzard genneraly tend to be compromizing folks. Hopefully, something can be done to at least equalize the formula for low lvl pvp a bit at the very least. Templates might not be the most fair thing and not what everyone would want, but it would be a nice option to have for exp off. I think this idea could gain some leverage if seen by the right people. Who knows, its a suggestion.

And it was a fine suggestion. I was just saying that those who stick to low level brackets to farm levelers will surely not like ideas like this. Any ideas that have been tossed around which include some form of them not having an unnecessary advantage on casuals is rejected because those people find it unfair to have to fight fair fights.

It’s rather hit/miss with development now-a-days. It’s not like before when we were kept in the loop on most all things. It’s kind of what you get when the seasoned developers leave and all you can hire are fresh grads. I know that sounds condescending.

I understand what you are saying as well. I dont know exactly know what is wrong though. Blizzard does listen and provide blues posters every once in a while, although not as often on the pvp forums. I fell the only change i added to this idea of template stat based pvp mentioned by yagarr, was that it would be esclusively an exp off feature. I don’t feel it would be needed in low lvl pvp for leveling purposes. It would be way to similar to legions stat template system, requiring everyone to use it.

Im hoping to get some leverage on this idea. I don’t take credit for it but thats my suggestion. Pvp stat templates weren’t exactly received well, but for people who just wanna log in and pvp with their exp turned off. This is how i see it though. You wanna play with exp off with the levelers? Your going to have to turn on a
pvp stat template. Its a compromise and one that doesn’t encourage ganking or facerolling noobs.

Its more of a casual player pvp exp off option though, as i cant seeing it help the hardcore veteran twinks, and i am not one of them. The rewards system for encouraging others to get into hardcore low lvl pvp is also a awesome idea. Maybe each bracket could have its own set of rewards unique to each bracket, but idk. its alot of creativity, but its a shot. Its better than remaining silent and just letting time fly by you without saying anything about something you care about.

They do provide blues, but not like they used to. So much has changed. I know it’s anecdotal, but I’m one of the few who’ve been here since the start (and are not lying about it) and things were much better back then. Blues conversed with us more often, even in here.

However, realistically, Blizzard is a business. When your subs are well above 10M and business is good, you have fluff money and can do all these “little things” to appease a broader spectrum of players. When business dives as it has since… WoD? You don’t get catered as much.

I don’t see a solution being implemented any time soon to fix this.

Its pretty simple if you boil it down.

I (many others) like playing twinked out characters. Happy to pay a subscription, doing so.

Blizzard, make it fun and feasible for me to do this, take my money.

It was like that before, it can be like that again.

1 Like

Excellent idea.
New players and players under a certain gear ilvl could queue against AI and get their precious experience from winning, and everyone else could fight each other.
Really, AI should be a thing anyway with how many people have left the game as it is.
WoW is feeling it’s it’s age, and while the old girl still has some life left in it, I think classic is going to split the player base pretty hard core.

1 Like

I don’t know how this will pan out in the long run, but I know that between the choices, I’ll be playing the old game.

4 Likes

Ill be playing both the old game and the current game. They both have there pros and cons. I just miss being inconvienced and just being like, yo, i suck at raiding and just was smart enough to know that i shouldnt be included, no matter how much i begged. We reached that point in cataclysm especially, where the game changed. Current wow is still awesome, but the old wow nhad this thing to it, and you cant really describe it, but it is there. I will probably play classic bc and wrath servers to if they ever do that.

I do feel stat templates as an expoff only option could normalize things for the people leveling. I mean, once you gear up and enchant up at lvl 19 or whatever, your basically done equipping your toon. That is the nice thing. and you never have to regear really or re enchant, or relvl. Adding that stat template thingy as an option for exp off, would normalize the casual twinkers, and you wouldnt be able to destroy levelers, but be on a realistic playing field. you would have to be skilled to.