The Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-Patch Goes Live August 30

Have any of the suggested improvements to the new LFG system been adapted or added? Would like to see more communication on this tool being refined as per the last blue post.

5 Likes

kek the instant delete. He said “go play final fantasy you trash can”. I think XIV even lets you queue with actual AI bots

2 Likes

12 Likes

Yeah, noticed that on my second read-through and edited my original comment to acknowledge it.

Still doesn’t feel like enough information for anyone to make an informed decision on whether they should make the leap to a Fresh Start Realm that may or may not crash and burn, or just stick to one of the older Classic Servers that at least have a reliable population.

For months before the OG Classic Launch, we all knew how many servers there were going to be, and communities developed on Discord and Reddit so you knew who was playing where and could make your own choices. But here, we just have “they will exist”.

6 Likes

4 Likes

That and Howling Fjord has the best music in the game. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Still better than what they did Vanilla to TBC. NGL

WOOOOOOOOOOOO WRATH HYPE WRATH HYPE

2 DAYS AFTER MY BIRTHDAY A 2ND CELEBRATION LET’S GOOOOOOO!!!

Complete sentence…apparently I can’t post in full caps?

2 Likes

Will we still be able to get Amani War Bears after prepatch? What about acquiring titles through the attunement quests? I know these went away with prepatch upon original release but I haven’t seen anything explicitly stating they’ll go away in classic.

1 Like

Is this also the two week notice for s4?

4 Likes

You can choose to do dungeons with the story characters which is pretty cool for narrative and solo players though its far less optimal or worthwhile than just getting a normal group together for the content.

4 Likes

Please confirm a couple things -

It looks like the Brewfest event will be the level 70 variety given the start date. Is that accurate?

The joyous journey buff in a previous article stated it would be available to the launch of Wrath of the Lich King. Will it be removed on Sept 26th then?

It literally says when Fresh Start Realms will open…

Did TBC even get Fresh Start Realms?

Or do you mean the way in which they separated Vanilla WoW from TBC WoW and forced you to pick and choose which version to put your character on, while putting a price tag on the number of copies or whatever that you could make?

Because yeah, only really saw that from afar, but it did sound pretty bad.

Need some critical information about arena season! Will arena point rollover to honor after season 4 ends sync with prepatch honor cap raise? Need to know if I’m double capping for no reason… I’m sure there are many others out there at 75k/5k like me praying we don’t get screwed out of a full roll over.

3 Likes

Thank you for the post

When will arena season end?

Will Brewfest be level 80 or level 70 version? and if it ends up being 70 version, will it get updated to 80 version on launch?

Will there be a discount period for season 4 gear with no rating requirements prior to prepatch?

What time will prepatch go out?

3 Likes

How many will there be? What types of Servers will they be? Will there be PvP and PvE? Will there possibly be a new RP-PvP?

These feel like basic things we should already know.

I suppose if they only intend to make one PvE and one PvP Fresh Start Realm, then it doesn’t matter as much. In which case, I guess I am overestimating the draw of Fresh Start Servers, because I would think they need more than that.

2 Likes

Level 70 or 80 Brewfest?

1 Like

I mean, do you really think they are going to have an 80lvl boss up for a week that no one can do?

What about Fresh realms?

• How many realms?
  • Names/types?
  • Will we have name reserves?
17 Likes