The Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Has Begun!

is this where I post to get senpai to notice me and play the beta for once?

The last, true classic.

“No classic rules forever, my son.”

1 Like

How come I don’t have access to the beta, how do I do it. I don’t see a link anywhere. I registered and I can’t play no beta

You register for the chance of participation.
They usually release waves of invites. There will hopefully be plenty more opportunities to get invited for access :slight_smile:

Thank you very much.

Deunan, nice guild name “Rage Against the Murlocs”

1 Like

Read Haavi’s posting under when I asked the same thing. The answer’s there

I mean he’s been “predicting” this for the past 3 months, so he was bound to eventually not be wrong

I honestly do not feel like cataclysm was inherently bad, just the implementation that was bad.

I think arguably there were a few things that brought cataclysm down for me.
Being able to fly everywhere was fun and cool at first, but i don’t know. I really have not been a huge fan outside of a select amount of areas. Just made the world seem smaller to me.

Portals started becoming commonplace, but, there were way to many. I still think this is a flaw in retail, but it does seem like there are less now. I remember them being all over the place in cataclysm.

I remember the flight paths, for example for all the cataclysm areas from 1-60 and i think even northrend and outland were just handed to you as soon as you logged in. Like no need for that. Part of cataclysm was exploring that new world, that new vision. Well what was the point when you could fly all over and also have every fligh path handed to you.

With wrath classic on the horizon, i honestly think that having no dungeon or raid finder in cataclysm would be a huge win, and would honestly match the original vision closer to what the developer’s actually intended. In cataclysm, i remember it being alot easier to solo quest. But i think it would encourage you to group up for dungeons, and travel to them.

The difficulty of cataclysm, if i am being honest, it started out as pretty difficult. Then went down that road of being so easy, a caveman could do it. I honestly hope blizzard actually keeps it difficult this time around. Especially with min maxxing in mind, and i am hoping blizzard does the same thing in wrath classic to, because naxx will be easy. Some things werent a thing in last patch of wrath, but some things, like titans grip, were a thing that werent a thing when naxx revamp was originally out. Hopefully blizzard thinks about those things going forward.

The talent trees. While i do not really miss the old talent trees in particular. I do miss the hybridity of them, and the fact that each class felt more complicated overall. In wrath, it was pretty much the same as the old ones. Every spec gets one ability unique to the spec, all the other abilities are tied to the entire class. Just way more complicated that way, and that is what i miss. Don’t really know if blizzard could fix this, but it would be nice.

Leveling became less methodical from this expansion going forward due to hybridization. It was a big deal. I am hoping blizzard could reverse this. It became so easy to just spam buttons not worrying about mana, or really anything while questing at all, or dungeon grinding.

I also hope blizzard makes it so that you don’t get so much information within the game. Addons are one thing, and people use those, and there is also looking it up. But even in retail, i honest to god wish i could turn off quest markers and all major information spouted at me from every menu I open. If i want to know something, i will look it up or use an addon if i really want it.

One of the biggest flaws about cataclysm, to this day, was the fact that the old world was deleted. I say add this back in this time around, give permanent wrath classic servers for those who want that option, and call it a day. Cataclysm was when the call for classic servers got larger and larger, but i do think blizzard could honestly do all the things i mentioned here and cataclysm would be way better overall.

1 Like

Well, when wotlk finally launches you can stay on tbc classic era all you want.

With, like, 5 other people.

So Blizzard. Now that you are willing to make changes to the game. One change that needs to be addressed is Protection Warriors. The amount of damage and threat they can Produce needs to be increased to be on Par with Paladin, Death Knights, and Feral druids. With warrior tanks falling off hard in TBC and even more so in Wrath. I have already seen plenty of times War tanks being over looked for or even refused a spot in raids. And, it will only get worse in Wrath. This is something I really hope is being looked at.

Of Course this suggestion will cause the trolls to come out of the woodworks, I am however hoping many other warriors will agree with this so you can see the change that needs to be made. I am a long time player and hope this is seen by someone that can make it happen.

1 Like

I played it in 2008. It’s ready.

1 Like

Yooo for real man!! I love prot warrior and it is Soo hard to find, not only a raid spot, but a guild that is wanting to take you. Had to try soo hard all xpac to become anything that is looked at without uh Ohh, a warrior tank. no thanks. Even still to this day it happens. Check my logs on warcraft logs and see where i am at. That is what i have accomplished by myself with no guild at all. I really want to see how far i can push that the next xpac, but in a home where i can finally be accepted and work as a team to strive