The Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Pre-Patch Now Live!

Atleast they couldve let us reserve our names early…in which case it brings me to ask why in 2022 they cant add a numerical value to names so we can have multiple characters with unique names.

1 Like

i would argue that ppl who don’t dwell on the forums are the same ppl who don’t check wowhead or go to the website…ever. And this information has already been put out there. So really who is this post for? Not anyone who’s eagerly awaiting wrath classic that’s for sure. I’d wager its for themselves so they can feel like “they are communicating” with the player base.

3 Likes

LFG tool improvements? or was that another lie?

4 Likes

We want names! Server names, server types. Please and thank you.

6 Likes

Clicked to see the new information I could glean from this post.

Left with zero updates.

Add RFD, give us information on the boost, give us information on the fresh servers like names/types. Seriously how do you guys not know what the lowest hanging fruit is for your player base?

14 Likes

When will level 70 boosts be available?

3 Likes

Probably the names are… Fresh Server 1, Fresh Server 2 etc

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised at this point :laughing:

1 Like

This is funny. About 4 weeks ago i wouldn’t have been able to tell you how to even find the forums. But now I dont think theres ever a time I dont have a tab open of these forums lol. Too damn hungry for pre patch and wrath

Was hoping for a RDF update with the pre-patch announcement.

If it were 2008 or 2009, I’d say don’t add RDF. We had a nice social community back then, and running dungeons was pleasant. Nothing like the mess of today’s LFG chat would have ever existed. Although the devs back in 2009 accurately predicted the future needs of the community, RDF was ahead of its time.

But it’s not 2009. Running dungeons today, for many, is a headache, and for others, isn’t realistic, even with the new LFG tool. The community of 2022 isn’t the community of 2009. Even if the players are the same people, they have different lives, different priorities, and different schedules. What might have been a premature addition to the game back then is both a necessary and appropriate playability feature today. Classic exists in a world that is different than the world that the original game and WotLK expansion existed in, but in a world that was correctly predicted by the original WotLK team. That world and that vision of WotLK included RDF, and the classic recreation of the game should stay true to that vision.

It should be clear that whatever social elements of the game the Classic team hopes to preserve by omitting RDF aren’t actually present in the game today. And the reason those elements evaporated wasn’t the addition of RDF. Those elements evaporated because the lives, priorities, and schedules of players changed. Omitting RDF won’t change that, and only makes the game less playable.

28 Likes

Perfectly said, and it will fall on deaf ears.

5 Likes

They already said SoM will run at least a year. Transfers won’t be any time soon.

Fresh is DoA. They better spin up one PvE server and one PvP server only. Even then it’s probably one server too many.

1 Like

SoM running and transfers existing don’t have to be mutually exclusive things. And SoM is done whether blizzard thinks it it is or isn’t.

There is no update to give. RDF is not going to be added. At least at launch. How hard is this to understand. It’s like y’all are thinking they have decided to reverse their decision and are just sitting on the announcement lol.

Except they have made them mutually exclusive. It’s a done deal.

the fact that you laugh at a well reasoned statement and feel the need to toss your defense of blizzard at it, thats quite telling that youre nervous blizzard will change its mind. so keep going, just encourages folks with well spoken, reasoned out arguments, to keep posting and pushing for RDF because it belongs in wrath, its needed in wrath, its wanted in wrath. but please, keep encouraging us with your laughing and disrespect.

4 Likes

Im not nervous at all. I would absolutely love RDF to be put in. I hate the fact that they removed it. I despise what they put in its place. This doesnt detract from my statement. They have made their decision for launch and sitting around waiting / complaining “durr where is the RDF announcement durr” when they have made their announcement is pure silliness.

When is faction change? Still zero info when its coming?

Its not monday yet.