The WrA Video Game Thread

yeah i’m of the opinion that censorship is bad but…crap like R*pe Day or whatever isn’t censorship. Neither is “trap shine”.

your opinions stop being free speech and become hate speech when they’re, well…hateful

2 Likes

The 60$ game is us being generous we promise. Is a fallacy.

“We’re being very generous by selling you our games for 60$.”

For sale

Half-finished edition - 60$
Silver edition - 80$
Gold edition with exclusive locked content 100$
Collectors edition - 100$+
Season pass 20-60$

And don’t forget the line of “Player choice” optionals you can buy with our monopoly money that comes in 5 to 150$ packages.

right, and Steam is content to allow things like that on their store until they get blowback for it. then they make a show of “cleaning up” for a little while, let the dust settle, and then go back to complacency.

it’s how Steam has operated for years and years.

I don’t think anyone is really defending steam.

Merely pointed out that when your choice is crap and also crap well.

It’s crap

1 Like

there’s also that weird cycling that allowed Skyrim to be on “top selling” for 5 years straight

gta V too.

I know what you’re saying but on the list of Steam’s problems I think that’s way, way at the bottom.

games ruined by capitalism : (

live by the sword, die by the sword. the games industry right now is a microcosm of our entire economic system in general.

To me, this is different. A console exclusive means dropping 200+ dollars on a whole new system just to play the game, as opposed to putting your debit card info into a different window than usual on your PC. Being bothered by console exclusives is a lot more understandable to me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/b1fvqe/epic_games_launcher_also_appear_to_collect/eilczdg/

This refers to the “Epic is stealing and selling your data” stuff. I hope everyone reads it because lol.

I’m slowly getting the hang of ESO, at least enough to pick up the base game at half off.

I appreciate the wide range of options that exist between pretty and “that’s a joke character” ugly:

https://i.imgur.com/glXRqVE.jpg
1 Like

Capitalist shill here; I’d sell you all for one cornchip. Not even individually. All of you for one cornchip.

3 Likes

well at least it’s not selling my data to china at least but god their “features roadmap” is terrible

6 months+ for a shopping cart

1 Like

Pssssh China doesn’t need epic to steal your secrets.

That’s what Facebook and Twitter are for

1 Like

oh god the truth hurts

“EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER CAUGHT IN UNPRECEDENTED BREACH OF PRIVACY,” Todd posted to Facebook, which he signed into using Google Chrome on his Windows 10 laptop.

1 Like

shifting goalposts!!

R u being paid by epic

Cause you’re throwing yourself at windmills here

3 Likes

i have one game on the Epic Launcher, and that’s Subnautica which was being given away for free a few months ago.