The worst part of having a broken spec is not being acknowledged

I miss the forums from when wow actually still hired CS teams to talk to players. I miss communication. I hate sitting in the dark wondering whether or not anyone at blizzard even knows how bad guardian is at the moment. All I’m looking for is some acknowledgment that they know and will be working on it so I’m not sitting here in the dark.

If we got any information such as

1.) We are aware of the issues with guardian, but currently are working on ways to fix the spec as a whole. This will take some time to make adjustments, and we don’t currently have a timeline when we can expect changes.

This would let us know that it’s gonna take time and to move on from guardian atm.

2.) We are aware of the issues with guardian, and will be adjusting numbers on tuesday to increase guardian’s viability while we work on more major changes.

This would let us know that if we are really in love with guardian we can stick with it and might get some bandaid scraps, but it’s safe to say it’s okay to move on from guardian until they rework them.

3.) We are aware that some people feel that guardian druid is underperforming, but our data doesn’t suggest this. We are currently happy where guardian druid is at the moment, but will be watching the spec closely.

This would let us know that blizzard doesn’t think guardian is bad, and we can roll another tank.

We just want some answers as to what’s going on - not being left out in the dark blizzard. Throw us a bone here.

3 Likes

Have you seen these forums? Throwing out a CS rep to talk to these people would be like leading the lamb to the slaughter.

Probably the best move to not be in direct contact with the players.

Lots of games speak with the player base, and it’s nice to know what’s going on at least. Being left in the dark not knowing what’s going on sucks.

How do you think they feel when they put all these man hours in for people to talk trash about it?? Kinda sucks right?

Granted the vocal majority is still a minority, but I wouldn’t actively send my employees into the lions den full of Karen’s who’ve got nothing better to do than complain.

“I only play Guardian and this class is so broken the dev who worked on it needs to quit. I’m quitting until the only spec I play in this game is fixed” - posted by a level 70 DK alt.

Yes communication is nice. Your ideas aren’t bad and I don’t disagree with you. But at the same time, no news and no interaction with negative nancies is probably the best and easiest course of action for them as well.

1 Like

As well they should feel bad for their incompetence. People were telling blizzard for months during dragonflight beta that druids are underperforming, and were only strong on low level content. Blizzard did nothing, except short before launch gave bear a blanket 50% damage increase on every ability they had.

Does this not scream incompetence to you? You have tons of people actually playing the class saying they are terrible, and blizzard does nothing, not even a single response letting us know what they are thinking.

There are reasons why people are complaining. I’ve been visiting every tank forum since launch because I could not believe the 10% dr nerf and tank balance issues present at dragonflight release. I have every tank at 70 except monk who is at 64, and they are all 380+.

Until warrior just received this nerf last reset, there was not a single negative thread about prot on their forum. Likewise with blood dk. Yes there was negativity on those forums because of other specs, but not the tank specs. That is because they were doing excellent.

When people are happy with their spec they are actually playing the game, not on the forums complaining. Not getting any feedback to that not only feels back because you don’t know if blizzard are completely unaware, or if they are actually working on it.

I’m not blaming the dev team because they released specs that are subpar - I’m guessing they had to release the game early and thus didn’t have time to work on everything. In this case they had enough time to tune 1 tank to be where they wanted - and that was warrior. If they had more time, the other tanks would be just as good. I’m sure if we could talk with them, they’d tell us this and tell us to play warrior until they actually have the man hours to put into the other specs.

1 Like

It’s because they’re over powered. No one is going to complain when they have god mode cheat code activated.