The world was fine and better

without smart phones.

12 Likes

Hard disagree. One of the best inventions humans have ever made.

7 Likes

Mmm you may can argue against smart phones specifically but cell phones themselves are one of the biggest QoL improvements in modern human history.

3 Likes

Yes if there were ethical and secure regulatoins in place on their use. But of course there aren’t.

2 Likes

They been around since I was in school though. I’m grateful to have lived through many generations of iphone 3g~>5C~>8~>Xs soon to be 13 :smiley:.

I think it has helped me organise and call parents, listen to music and play some games for a long time now.

The problem is never with the tool itself, it’s the people using it.

2 Likes

Some things are better, some things are worse. The world would certainly be a better place if people were more mindful of how they use them.

1 Like

The homeless would disagree. Now even if you are poor and sleep in a bush you can have a movie player, web browser and music player in your pocket and play some games too. Here in California every poor person gets a free lifeline smart phone (Obama phone).

The problem is I don’t like being on the internet and having information directed at me based on previous internet searches or apps I’ve used. I spend MORE time trying to opt out of crap and turning off “sites wanna know this” and “sites wanna know that” then I spend living anymore. Battlenet is just another app trying to suck up every bit of info they can. It’s funny I’m sure they are even directing which messages I can see on these forums. And of course if I want to write something negative you KNOW I’ll get censored and banned!

1 Like

Lol if they are they’re doing a terrible job at it

hard agree

2 Likes

You seem like a person from an older generation, that may be an influence in your point of view. 30+ probably have been in a world with a relatively lower amount of tech.

They effectively combat boredom, and that seems to be all that matters to people.

1 Like

No the problem is there are going to always going to be unethical people abusing things and when there is not enough regulation in place to stop them the world gets worse.

Smart phones are fine, social media, on the other hand…

2 Likes

The world was never better you just were more unaware of what was going on.

1 Like

Is the true evil.

1 Like

It’s the only way I can keep in contact with the Blood Elven girls without going to the Sunwell.

The luddites are calling your party line……

Regulation huh. FYI regulations don’t stop anything bad from happening. It’s simple human behavior. There are so many examples of failed regulations it’s mind blowing.