The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

Gotta love some of those Sunday threads. If only we could ignore those accounts with B-Tags. So much fewer trash some of us would have to see on the front page.

7 Likes

HA! Classic.

At some point you will have blocked the entirety of the forums for the littlest things, and that’s when you will have to reflect on your own behavior.

2 Likes

Doubt that. But it’s never too late to try and be a model citizen now!

I can give you my word that from now on i intend to be on my best behaviour

Indeed. Sunday troll threads are rarely funny, and more often outright vile. Unfortunately all that can be done, given mods don’t often work the weekends, is flagging them in hopes to at least get them actioned come Monday… while leaving them up all day, anyway.

At least with account-wide Ignores from Btags, we’d be able to hide the garbage more easily. It’s highly likely most of the usual Sunday troll thread makers are alts of others, anyway.

Also good morning all, it’s a fine day to support Btags! … Not so fine a day because I have to work, though. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

4 Likes

Connection works both ways.

Yes you could block someone from talking to you but on the other hand you can track whatever they do and harass them through 3rd party means.

ok one free name change but remove the numbers. does this sound fair to you mirasol?

Doesnt make sense at all foxxy. You having a hard time reading?

3 Likes

Through secondary means someone could get your Btag and still track you regardless of having blocked their “main” account.

Allowing someone to witch hunt you with impunity.

1 Like

You mean like what I can do now with just your toon name :wink:

8 Likes

No they’d be able to do so without you even knowing if they’re subtle enough.

Ok I’ll bite. How do they do that?

1 Like

Through another account or with someone who already has your tag to relay the information.

And how do people have your tag on another account?

2 Likes

what is this, the armoury?

By infiltrating your guild or buttering up someone on your friendliest if they’re clever enough.

Again how would they get your account? Did you accepted the friend request?

5 Likes

You’re only thinking they’d come at you directly.

That’s not my question.

1 Like

This is in context to harassment.

Through a secondary account that got you on their friends list or through someone already on your Btag friend list, they can find out whatever you’re doing across Bnet.

Allowing them to hunt you down with impunity, if Btags became public on here you’d just be making it easier for people to track others they don’t like.