The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

Considering it was non-specific and the speed in which it was reported I’d wager more than a few posters are jumping to conclusions.

1 Like

That was Eviey, not Lilithia. Though Lilithia did, at one point, wonder aloud as it were about changing hers to her (nick)name.

2 Likes

Nice catch I will edit that. Hard to keeping all these anon trolls straight.

1 Like

You were inappropriate. Full stop.

1 Like

I got all the OP Copied and ready, since this thread is starting to go downhill a bit, though hoping Blizzard doesn’t delete the thread, but they do, I’ll be ready to start up a new thread, entirely.

3 Likes

Sorry I just came back as needed to make that statement to defend myself so the mods know that I wasn’t going out of my way to be extreme as what some of you think

Except in that reply, you again stated that you did not mean what you said as a compliment… so really, is that what you came back for? :wink:

1 Like

I think I stuffed up

Again with the politics…

Censorship is like me telling you that you aren’t allowed to say anything negative about WoW, if say anything negative, I will perma ban you.

Criticize me in any shape or form? yeah you are perma banned sadly.

You don’t agree with me? yep thats a perma ban.

I obviously dont have mod powers and I’m naming these examples of censorship, I can name more but whats actual censorship. No one can censor you with battle tags at all.

You attempted to derail the thread though and it was obvious.

Battle tags are never about politics.

3 Likes

How exactly.

Politics of the internal kind could easily be the reason why Btags aren’t on the forums.

1 Like

By doing what you’re doing right now.

Anyway!

Midnight bump for battletags.

2 Likes

Sorry I needed to make that statement as I had to cover my a$$ a bit

Which is what is happening with how trigger happy people get with flagging people.

But making people less anonymous in the belief that they will be held ‘accountable’ IS in my world, as that’s trying to shut people up, and going on a witch hunt

1 Like

We’re not in your world, we are on the WoW forums. Which needs btags like the other Blizzard game forums.

4 Likes

one time i was playing minecraft and i had the wings and a full stack of 3 second rockets. I used them to take a stack of steaks up to like 10000 altitude. Let me tell you, the steaks were high that day!

in order to stay on topic, lets have a common unique username, 1 per person, no more than that

1 Like

You mean you don’t want any accountability for your own actions? All of us here on the forums, regardless of who we are, are accountable for every action we make. Blizzard isn’t going to buy the “The dog ate my homework” excuse if breaking the forums rules, or if you chose to troll the forums.

except someone hitting “report post” on something you say does not terminate your capacity to post ever again. In fact you can post something immediately after a post is hidden. You’ll only lose your capacity to post if a blizzard employee checks the report and finds that you were indeed violating the rules as stated here

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/welcome-please-read/130730

If your post was wrongly flagged it will be made all bright again. The way the current system works just 1 person can make your post hidden, if they abuse the character swap system. The current system is rigged against you. And yet you are defending it. /shrug

7 Likes

This right here is attempting to derail this discussion. :point_down:

Let me remind you of an excerpt of the code of conduct:

• Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters

Your trying to turn this about politics when this thread is never about politics. Your post falls under “making off topic posts that ruin the thread”.

I’m following by the code of conduct, I see you and ard made off topic posts that could ruin the thread. I just feel like it is an actual post worth flagging.

Battle tags are not censoring people, Other blizzard forums such Diablo. Starcraft. HoTS and Overwatch has it for years and no one is being censored over there.

At this point were arguing in circles and I’m about to put you on ignore, You just want to troll freely with no repercussion, I get it, you indirectly admitted to trolling because you said that the FFXIV forums is too strict and why is that a problem? because you can’t troll easily there you would get a forum vacation there? thats just sounds like someone that doesn’t want to take repercussions for what post.

6 Likes

Name and shaming, kind of evidence that Blizz, and green posters don’t really care about the rules or respect. They’re very performative in just about every way.

1 Like

And now they are just throwing out buzz words and trying to redefine them.

I wonder how many Picard face palm gifs there are… or how many there could be.

Picard would be a +1 for battletags on the forums, that’s for sure.

Edit: Wow, there’s actually quite a selection.

4 Likes