The Witcher 3 still holds up

Started to burnout grinding Cataloged Research on my main, so I decided to go boot up The Witcher 3 once more. A few years ago I got pretty far into it - even got all the Gwent cards - but hit a wall about 2/3 of the way through.

Anyway, just offering my opinion that The Witcher 3 is still amazing - I’m not the biggest fan of the repetitive combat, and I wish gear had a little more significance beyond Witcher sets, but man oh man - the storytelling, secondary quests and just the overall environment is simply amazing. I’m looking forward to taking my time with my 2nd playthrough and going through all the great quests and dialogue I’ve forgotten about.

Also, 1st playthrough I chose Triss, but this time it’s all Yen.

3 Likes

Dragon Age Origins still holds up. I’m hoping they remaster it since it was the only Dragon Age that was any good.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness there aren’t enough words in the English language to indicate just how much I agree with you on this. I actually reinstalled DA:O last year and absolutely LOVED it. One of my favorite games of all time.

2 Likes

I just replayed it about a month ago. There’s a stupid amount of mods for the game to really change up the gameplay.

1 Like

I’ll probably have to try those out sometime - it’s just such a good game. Never played DA 2, and I got pretty far through DA:I on like my 6th playthrough, but it was a huge slog and ultimately not really all that much fun overall.

DA2 was a rush job. They reused a lot of the same areas, time skips, etc. The combat got dumbed down from that old school NWN/Baldurs Gate-type tactical combat to being more hack-and-slash.

DA:I was better than DA2, but it felt like they were trying to make an MMORPG of DA, but stopped because you had a lot of world exploration, world quests, etc. You couldn’t progress on the campaign unless you did a certain amount of side quests. It was the more lore packed and interesting sequel though with questions still unanswered to this day.

DA4 keeps having producers come-and-go so probably not going to be coming out for a couple of years.

Agreed. It makes sense, especially considering how well MELE sold.