The Water Strider Nerf is Great

I think of current max level players and those brand new (or in the middle of leveling). As long as the barding item does NOT get nerfed, this is better for me than just having the water strider as a water walking mount.

There is a very good reason why one sees so many striders running around the current zones. Sure, folks can swim, but the issue is being able to get to “content” in some reasonable fashion… and swimming is in no way reasonable. From what I read, if one is currently under 100 (only toon on the account), one does NOT get the “free” water walking thing. BUT that kinda seems OK because these folks can be in the current zones anyway. Do they get the water walking thing when they hit 100? AND exactly how much is this going to cost… I have heard it can be crafted and I have heard it can be bought from a vendor. Lotsa questions need to be fully answered to making any judgement whether this is good or bad (like I said, I get it, I’m happy with the change, but I also think about those who ain’t me!).

If they leave the strider passive alone like the shredder mounts you still have the choice of using the water walking equipment to turn all your other mounts into water walkers.

Crazy, right?

Other people who want to keep using the water strider as intended would be able to use a different piece of equipment. While not letting the strider benefit from it, like the shredders

Other people who never bothered to get a strider will finally have water walking if they use the equipment.

Also unless they mail a free equipment to ALL my characters and every new alt that hits 20 this is costing me a fee on something I already obtained.

People that didnt get the mount shouldnt have the skill. If you want the mount feel free and earn it. Mounts should have different skills . ATM (barring a few) there all just a change in animation hence I only go after a mount if it actully does something I require. Sharkbait should crap on people like it does in freehold. So many unique things they could do but decided to devalue everyones waterstrider who put the hard yards in.