The War Within Official Cinematic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYdFLUBjwCU

It was pretty cool.

6 Likes

What a beautiful thing, especially Harronir’s somewhat magical dance in sync with the soundtrack.

3 Likes

I really loved, it, the amount of focus on the Harronir 100% makes me sure they are the 10.1 topic.

…also I very much want anyone who says the Harronir are elves to tell me where they see an elf in that cenimatic. That was pure troll magic there.

7 Likes

oh boy i can’t wait for the night elf zone.

4 Likes

The track that played when Harronir appeared is very reminiscent of the Zandalari.

1 Like

Every single faction within this expansion seems really interesting. I can’t wait to learn more about the Harronir, I hope they become playable.

2 Likes

Devs really saw avatar and said damn

8 Likes

Whatever the Harronir’s doing doesn’t look like the typical Elven nature magic. Not even trollish.

I wonder if she’s using raw spirit, something we’ve only seen reserved for shaman spells and monk chi abilities.

So that’s where the budget for the 2d animated shorts went.

If anything it’s closer to a mix, how often do you see night elves dance for their magic rituals or trolls animating/moving plants through magic? It feels like they took two things that’s connected to either races magical fantasy and mixed them to create something new.

Just like how the Harronir’s voice lines have Jamaican inflections but not the full on accent like the trolls.

And then we have the model with tusks, a toe on the back on the foot. Clearly blizzard are telling us that these creatures came from the trolls.

4 Likes

Hasn’t it already been confirmed that we’re getting those, too?

I think you have it backwards. It is more likely that trolls came from the same thing that harronir came from… “not” that current harronir came from current trolls at all. Therefore, I suspect that cosmic team Life introduced that ancestor group as spies to conquer and steal the world soul for their evil plans.

2 Likes

This is cool.

Even considering leverage, if the average earthen can pull said structure, those guys are strong, very strong.

Also, is that nerubian that appears at the end the first raid final boss?

It was a very good way of depicting they are… robots. They are not limited like organic beings.

2 Likes

All I’m saying is that if we get to play NOT ONLY bifactional dwarves but also bifactional trolls by the end of this, I will be pleased.

Dwarves have traditionally been stupid strong in WoW, though subject to the whims of plot for actual lifting power. It’s nice to see one going beyond that.

1 Like

With the extra perk of 5 fingers in each limb.

The question of whether they’re aesthetically closer to Night Elves or Trolls is secondary to the fact that their culture apparently revolves around protecting the roots of a world tree, which… yeah. More druid stuff. Not a huge fan, tbh.

Overall the trailer is… fine? It’s visually impressive, but it doesn’t really have any sort of theme or story weight behind it. It’s just rapid flashes of pretty CGI.

Harronir are clearly a type of troll. I don’t know what people are talking about.

I don’t know, I just don’t think I can get over the fact that the Harronir should have been a missing link between Elves and Trolls, not the Life-evolved Troll concept that they’re going with or whatever. Just seems like a weird left turn away from what the material itself wishes it could be.

I enjoy that the Harronir are clearly linked to Life’s attempt at corrupting Azeroth (as all the six forces seem to have tried (e.g., the Old Gods, the Light crystal missile, the Legion, Zovaal’s plan, or Titan experimentation, etc.). All of the forces are confirmed to have been trying to convert/control the worldsoul, with the exception so far being Life, so this is the last gap to fill in that respect.

I thought the cinematic was a bit disjointed. Something about it felt less immersive and more like a spectacle - and not in a good way.

I did like the little blimp. Seeing that little blimp float around was adorable.

I imagine it is supposed to be a big blimp, though.

6 Likes